Chanel 2.55 Classic Flap Bag

Thanks Gainsbourg. :flower: I did have the larger classic size before and love how versatile it is, but struggled with how little I could fit in there (I had to strategically pack everything just so) so was toying with the idea of a larger reissue. In the jumbo style, I think I prefer the reissue version to the classic 2.55 style - it just looks a little more chic I think.

I'm in the States so I haven't seen the imposter bags with a reissue clasp - well except for some Urban Outfitters did in the fall in a tweed. I'm a reissue addict, every Chanel I own - totes and wallet on a chain - is a reissue style. I think the black reissue with goldhardware is a beautiful bag and just got the 226 size myself. I also have a reissue tote in black with silver hardware, but the gold is nicer IMO, even though I'm a silver girl. I think the reissues are the chicest Chanels, I prefer their leather as well too.

Thanks darling. :flower: I'll make the 57th & Madison my first stop in the new bag quest and then exploring I go! Ooh I can't wait!

Hi can someone please tell me what is the current prices for Chanel 2.55 in USD. S/M sizes (not large as it looks too big on me).

I've been reading a few sites and now I'm really confussed and you guys seem really switched on. My reissue 2.55 cost me £1,795.00 at Harrods.

I really want a purple one. Where is the best place in NYC to buy them. A Chanel shop or one of the department stores like Barneys?

Label Basher, there was a price increase on August 1st. The timeless classic 2.55 in the larger of the classic sizes (M/L not jumbo) went from $2600 to $3400, minus tax. If you're based in the UK, while it was previously cheaper to get it in the US (with the exchange rate), it's now a bit better in the UK.

I was there last week and went to the store on E. 57th Street (corner of Madison Ave) - there doesn't seem to be one store that is 'better', but they do all have different stock in the 2.55 bags, so it's just a matter of finding the bag you like (or the store you like and getting them to get the bag for you).

Hope that helps :flower:

Thanks for the info Boots & Perfume. It is very helpful and much appreciated :flower:

have u guys seen this kinda round one but without the flap somewhere?? it has a zipper and no flap with double C s right in the middle

what is it called?

thanx :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Ooh no, i've never come across that one before. It looks like someone's collection though, so maybe it's vintage?

2700 euro?! WTF happened? What's the price difference between today and when the classic came out ? Anyone know?

FASHIONLOVA, please provide credits for your image else it will have to be removed. Thanks!

totally forgot about credits sorry.
it s from the purse forum chanel thread

This is the stupidest question ever, but I need to solve this neverending debate with my mom. Is it pronounced two fifty-five or two five-five? I know, I could not ask something dumber!

^ It's two-five five. FASHIONLOVA, that's definitely a vintage piece but I have no idea what the name would be, they actually didn't have names until fairly recently. I'd say that's from about 1990-1994, somewhere in there

So I bought the jumbo caviar w/ gold hardware on a whim at the end of July because the SA said that the price was going up the next day....It's been really busy, and I just had a chance to play with the purse yesterday and started looking at some of the Chanel threads. Now I'm noticing that lots more people are wearing the flap in a smaller size and with a single strap on the shoulder or across the shoulder....So my question is should I exchange the jumbo for the medium/large? Now that I think about it, I think medium/large is a better size to go from day to night? What do you guys think? Please let me know your opinion...I'm leaving on a trip and need to try to exchange this bag at Bergdorf before I leave...Thanks!

hey posi, I think it really depends on what your needs are. If the jumbo fits your needs better than the medium/large and you like the look, I say stick with it. Likewise, if it's the medium/large that suits you better, you should exchange it.

Personally I have a vintage xlarge jumbo and I think it's all right to wear it cross-body...but at the end of the day it's really up to you :smile:

ILovePositano - I agree with PrincessImp, it really depends on your lifestyle. If you want it more as a practical day bag, then the jumbo is probably better (I had a medium/large size and struggled to fit all my necessities in there to be honest). If however you see yourself using it at night a lot, and want it to be able to do both, then the medium/large is probably more suited. Just have a proper think about how YOU want to use it in your every day life and how it looks on YOU. Don't worry about how other people wear theirs as your the one who is going to love it. :winkiss:

Gainsbourg, thank you! I bet my mom that's how it was pronounced and I just won five bucks. This debate can finally end. I apologize again for asking the stupidest question ever.

When I get my next paycheck, I'm going to buy one. My only concern is that I like rather large bags (I have a YSL Muse and two Balenciaga Motorcycles) and only the Muse has been able to hold all my stuff. I usually carry a Blackberry, an iPod, a rather large sunglasses case, a rather large wallet, 3-5 lipsticks, cigarettes, a book, and probably other stuff too. So ... what size should I get? Or should I go for something else entirely?

Lola_Belle - you might be better off with the jumbo size in that case. Try it on and see how it feels for you and all the stuff you want to carry.

I, like you, usually carry (and fill) fairly large bags and have to cut it down to just the essentials when I use a 2.55. That said, I deliberately do this when my shoulder can't take the large bags anymore!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rearjepaj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->