Chanel Haute Couture F/W 09.10 Paris

1. Ackermann has been compared to designers such as Owens and Vandervorst. Same draping and "abstract" or "different" work, and ofcourse part of the same newer generation of up and coming designers who somehow cannot separate themselves from each other in terms of aesthetics. How many designers actually "design" like Lagerfeld? Not many, or otherwise none, so comparing Ackermann's tired attempts of being "different" to Lagerfeld's is incomprehensible. Is that clear enough?

2. Saying Ackermann's work could be in any way form or shape be in par with Vionnet and Lanvin is rather of an insult to the fashion industry. What Ackermann is doing now with what you would call "imaginative draping" has been done with other designers such Versace and Elbaz. Perhaps Ackermann's use of stiff heavy fabrics is what's throwing you off and thinking his techniques are new, when in fact they are not.

3. And about the techniques Lagerfeld have innovated, one is making a very lightweight tweed without sacrificing quality, stability, and form when worn.

Um, actually, there's nothing new in this collection, not a new shape, new material, new construction, new jacket, etc.

It's also insulting to a large group of designers to claim that "the up and coming designers who somehow cannot separate themselves from each other in terms of aesthetics". To you, perhaps. Obviously, to a lot of other people, including buyers, critics and fashion journalists - they are different from each other enough to merit sitting through their shows. Ackermann is Ackermann - he doesn't "try" to be different, he simply IS different, you don't have to project a "bad" intention onto Ackermann, he is very established with his signature look. And he doesn't use "heavy fabric", his silhouette is very lean and fluid, completely UNLIKE AF Vandervorst or Rick Owens.

In all, your posts says A LOT of horrible things about other designers, particularly a lot of hate for Ackermann, but not much to defend Karl Lagerfeld. Except he did a new tweed (and normally this is developed at the mills...). :ninja:

Last edited by a moderator:
Um, actually, there's nothing new in this collection, not a new shape, new material, new construction, new jacket, etc.

It's also insulting to a large group of designers to claim that "the up and coming designers who somehow cannot separate themselves from each other in terms of aesthetics". To you, perhaps. Obviously, to a lot of other people, including buyers, critics and fashion journalists - they are different from each other enough to merit sitting through their shows. Ackermann is Ackermann - he doesn't "try" to be different, he simply IS different, you don't have to project a "bad" intention onto Ackermann, he is very established with his signature look. And he doesn't use "heavy fabric", his silhouette is very lean and fluid, completely UNLIKE AF Vandervorst or Rick Owens.

In all, your posts says A LOT of horrible things about other designers, particularly a lot of hate for Ackermann, but not much to defend Karl Lagerfeld. Except he did a new tweed (and normally this is developed at the mills...). :ninja:

There was no mention on my part on saying that this collection was in any way a great big breakthrough in fashion.

Is it not also an insult to say Ackermann's work is as good as Vionnet? Or Lanvin? You have not yet answered that question. It's more of an insult than me saying those three designers are constantly being compared to by journalists and fashion critics, or members of this forum, and says alot that those three somehow cannot separate themselves from each other. I did not say ALL upcoming designers were that way, so I will not apologize if you think that comment is insulting to a large group of designers because I only mentioned three. And furthermore the "odd" and "unusual" shapes and silhouettes, for the lack of better words, that Ackermann creates have been done before by many Japanese designers such as Yamamoto and Kawakubo a decade ago, so nothing he is doing is also anything "new".

And I do not hate Ackermann, though I do not find his style appealing to me the same way that many Ackermann fans may think of Lagerfeld, so that argument is void. I have not said any disparaging remarks except for the simple fact that I am simply defending Lagerfeld at the comment made by you saying that any Ready-To-Wear collection by Ackermann can "beat" this collection. It's nonsense on your part.

"Saying Ackermann's work could be in any way form or shape be in par with Vionnet and Lanvin is rather of an insult to the fashion industry."

"part of the same newer generation of up and coming designers who somehow cannot separate themselves from each other in terms of aesthetics."

"comparing Ackermann's tired attempts of being "different" to Lagerfeld's is incomprehensible. "

Leeroi, Leeroi...I will let your posts speak for themselves. You put down Ackermann, MORE than you provided any insight to make us LOVE KL.

Sorry Mr Ackermann, you wouldn't be so vilified if I didn't put your name here, to DARE to compare your draping to Mr KL's.

Btw, your last sentence is STILL incomprehensible.

Anyone can make comparisons between designers who are doing the SAME techniques, or the SAME shape, or the SAME theme, etc. This is not a dictatorship of opinions here.

Shall I compare how Sophia Kokosalaki does her draping in comparison to how KL does it here, or will you start putting her down as well?

I'm tired of you Leeroi. You did NOTHING to make us respect KL more. Bye bye.

"Saying Ackermann's work could be in any way form or shape be in par with Vionnet and Lanvin is rather of an insult to the fashion industry."

"part of the same newer generation of up and coming designers who somehow cannot separate themselves from each other in terms of aesthetics."

"comparing Ackermann's tired attempts of being "different" to Lagerfeld's is incomprehensible. "

Leeroi, Leeroi...I will let your posts speak for themselves. You put down Ackermann, MORE than you provided any insight to make us LOVE KL.

Sorry Mr Ackermann, you wouldn't be so vilified if I didn't put your name here, to DARE to compare your draping to Mr KL's.

Btw, your last sentence is STILL incomprehensible.

Anyone can make comparisons between designers who are doing the SAME techniques, or the SAME shape, or the SAME theme, etc. This is not a dictatorship of opinions here.

Shall I compare how Sophia Kokosalaki does her draping in comparison to how KL does it here, or will you start putting her down as well?

I'm tired of you Leeroi. You did NOTHING to make us respect KL more. Bye bye.

And you make it seem like Ackermann is some type of God of draping, technique, and grande dame of innovating new silhouettes by comparing him to Vionnet and Lanvin. Even I have, or no Lagerfeld lover in this thread, have compared him to those two iconic designers, or even to Coco. Is that how you express the talents of new designers? Saying they're on par with past ones? That's plain silly and have not yet fully explained yourself fully on the issue.

I can't even begin to describe how you could respect Lagerfeld more because you already made the assumption that he is some tired designer whose collections are no where as good as Ackermann.

Have we not forgotten that this is a couture house? Chanel is one of the few couture houses who actually use some of the most difficult techniques in terms of dress making, even though they appear "amateur" to you. Obviously owners of Chanel would never take a second look at Ackermann if Lagerfeld was to be replaced. Without Lagerfeld I highly doubt Chanel would be a household name, and would be a dead house.

A piece already appeared on Korea Harper's Bazaar August 2009. Wore by Gianna Jun. (popseoul, style)
junjihyun_090720_20_281_29.jpg
00550m.jpg

^ Wasn't she in the front row and posing with Karl? What a coincidence..! :wink:

After watching this show, I feel in love woth the collection even more. The colors were great and I loved the draped peices. I am seeing that for the last few seasons that Karl has been outdoing him self after every collection. Karl never fails. Here are the links to the videos from Michelepierro on Youtube.

Chanel Haute Couture Fall 2009 Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wTQVTXZS5k

Chanel Haute Couture Fall 2009 Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnMKRNrHoCs

Enjoy :0)

Another shot of Gianna Jun in Chanel Couture Fall 2009 (popseoul, style)
junjihyun_090720_20_282_29.jpg
00600m.jpg

^ I'm sure for $100,000.00 +, it can be arranged!! :woot:

My favourite dresses :heart: :wink:

Please do not quote images. Thank you.

I want them so baaadd :woot:

Everyone including myself LOVE sashas Cream Dress , isnt it Gorge !!!!!! i loved The entire collection but a close second would be heidi mounts black mini dress that was the second last outfit
the set was classic and chanel always out do themselves season after season , what will they do next ?
and baptiste has seen his day , karl please replace him with Jake or bring back Brad least neither of them look smug in photographs and shows like baptiste does , come on he looks stupid in the pre fall ad with Lara and Karl

Everyone including myself LOVE sashas Cream Dress , isnt it Gorge !!!!!! i loved The entire collection but a close second would be heidi mounts black mini dress that was the second last outfit
the set was classic and chanel always out do themselves season after season , what will they do next ?
and baptiste has seen his day , karl please replace him with Jake or bring back Brad least neither of them look smug in photographs and shows like baptiste does , come on he looks stupid in the pre fall ad with Lara and Karl

I totally agree!!
Karl should let Jake see some light. I love jake davies' look, he is like a prince charming from a fairytale

is there an "original" design for Sasha's dress?? (as in something chanel herself did)
it feels like i've seen it before, yet i don't know where. Karl has done similar stuff for the fall rtw 08 collection and i think also for the paris-monaco show. there must be a particular look he is referencing, no?

^ I'm sure for $100,000.00 +, it can be arranged!!
-->maybe a 3x2 deal, hm?

^ That's interesting- I just watched the video from this show on Chanel.com (after waiting like 12 years for it to be put up...:cry:), and there is a Paris/Monaco feel to some of the dresses...That collection was also very old style Coco...The dresses for the Chanel movie last year were nominated for an Emmy Award, and the exhibit they have put together looks very 1920s Coco Era- which Karl seems to be referencing in this latest collection- although I do miss an occasional hot pants outfit here and there... :wink:

ooooooh the dress Sasha p is wearing at the top of this page make her look like a swan. I too think old style chanel !! love it xx

Has anyone ripped the video for this from chanel.com yet? Consider this a formal request, I'm on a Mac and can't rip RTMP video streams. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->