Chanel Haute Couture F/W 09.10 Paris

^ Amazing- thanks for the link! Why on Earth hasn't Signe Chanel ever been released on DVD in the US...it is such a fascinating process to see...I have a copy myself, but I wish other people could see the whole story- but I guess it's on YouTube theses days... B)

Wow, so marvelous!!! That long jacket/coat with the fur trim on the bottom: so divine!!!! Such an excellent collection!!!

As expected, I can't see a single piece that I can even remotely like. The "trains" are just a piece stuck on an otherwise completely unremarkable dated outfit. The draping is positively amateur. Even a RTW collection from Haider Ackerman beats any of these "couture" looks hands down.

This. Is. Amazing. I especially love the dress that has the multicolored circle pattern. Mind-blowing. Absolutely mind-blowing.

As expected, I can't see a single piece that I can even remotely like. The "trains" are just a piece stuck on an otherwise completely unremarkable dated outfit. The draping is positively amateur. Even a RTW collection from Haider Ackerman beats any of these "couture" looks hands down.

For the most part, I agree.

OH-MY-GOODNESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!♥♥♥
totally love all of them.

Haider Ackermann's work is no where in par with Lagerfeld's. No other designer working right now is transforming the techniques used in making clothes, even if the designs themselves are repetitive. Even more Ackermann's vision is completely different from Lagerfeld, and for the most Ackerman's work can be easily be seen with other designers who try very hard to be "abstract" and so called "avant-garde" like Rick Owens and Vandevorst. Their styles are completely too similiar, voiding the fact that a RTW collection from Ackermann could ever "beat" every design Lagerfeld produces.

That dress on Kim Noorda is just stunning, as are many of them. The detail work is just what I expected from Chanel in terms of couture.

Now I'm afraid to look forward to the next couture season because his collections have never pleased me two time consecutively.

Haider Ackermann's work is no where in par with Lagerfeld's. No other designer working right now is transforming the techniques used in making clothes, even if the designs themselves are repetitive. Even more Ackermann's vision is completely different from Lagerfeld, and for the most Ackerman's work can be easily be seen with other designers who try very hard to be "abstract" and so called "avant-garde" like Rick Owens and Vandevorst. Their styles are completely too similiar, voiding the fact that a RTW collection from Ackermann could ever "beat" every design Lagerfeld produces.

First of all, I really have some difficulty in understanding your post - "No other designer working right now is transforming the techniques used in making clothes, even if the designs themselves are repetitive....Their styles are completely too similiar, voiding the fact that a RTW collection from Ackermann could ever "beat" every design Lagerfeld produces." What's does that mean, seriously?

Secondly, who is showing newer, more interesting clothes making techniques is a matter of opinion, and everyone is entitled to his/hers.

Of course you can compare them in terms of their DRAPING TECHNIQUE, that was also stated in my original post. KL tried a lot of draping here in the Chanel collection but they are all SIMPLE straightforward techniques seen many times before over the past decades done on countless runways, nothing to WOW anybody. This is an haute couture collection, it's supposed to impress with the way the clothes are worked. Ackerman is just one example, I could compare to Vionnet, to Lanvin, to many others who are much more imaginative in their draping.

Also, by trying the differing, asymmetrical lengths, KL is venturing into the "abstract", "avant-garde" (as defined by you, to me this is what's happening on every runway for a few seasons now (see Nina Ricci's trains), it's a pretty mainstream trend) territory and therefore the way he makes them - a long piece stuck on the back - can be held up for comparison to others who are doing this look.

First of all, I really have some difficulty in understanding your post - "No other designer working right now is transforming the techniques used in making clothes, even if the designs themselves are repetitive....Their styles are completely too similiar, voiding the fact that a RTW collection from Ackermann could ever "beat" every design Lagerfeld produces." What's does that mean, seriously?

Secondly, who is showing newer, more interesting clothes making techniques is a matter of opinion, and everyone is entitled to his/hers.

Of course you can compare them in terms of their DRAPING TECHNIQUE, that was also stated in my original post. KL tried a lot of draping here in the Chanel collection but they are all SIMPLE straightforward techniques seen many times before over the past decades done on countless runways, nothing to WOW anybody. This is an haute couture collection, it's supposed to impress with the way the clothes are worked. Ackerman is just one example, I could compare to Vionnet, to Lanvin, to many others who are much more imaginative in their draping.

Also, by trying the differing, asymmetrical lengths, KL is venturing into the "abstract", "avant-garde" (as defined by you, to me this is what's happening on every runway for a few seasons now (see Nina Ricci's trains), it's a pretty mainstream trend) territory and therefore the way he makes them - a long piece stuck on the back - can be held up for comparison to others who are doing this look.

1. Ackermann has been compared to designers such as Owens and Vandervorst. Same draping and "abstract" or "different" work, and ofcourse part of the same newer generation of up and coming designers who somehow cannot separate themselves from each other in terms of aesthetics. How many designers actually "design" like Lagerfeld? Not many, or otherwise none, so comparing Ackermann's tired attempts of being "different" to Lagerfeld's is incomprehensible. Is that clear enough?

2. Saying Ackermann's work could be in any way form or shape be in par with Vionnet and Lanvin is rather of an insult to the fashion industry. What Ackermann is doing now with what you would call "imaginative draping" has been done with other designers such Versace and Elbaz. Perhaps Ackermann's use of stiff heavy fabrics is what's throwing you off and thinking his techniques are new, when in fact they are not.

3. And about the techniques Lagerfeld have innovated, one is making a very lightweight tweed without sacrificing quality, stability, and form when worn.

Such a perfect show ! I loved everything in it, especially the dress Sasha wears for her second apparition :heart:

Agree with you all gyus who loved the show.. it was fantastic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rearjepaj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->