Chanel Haute Couture F/W 09.10 Paris

The dresses at the end are beautiful, theyre very romantic and hold such a graceful feeling. but the rest of the collection is so boring. Looks like RTW.

So pieces look horriblly cheap, and cannot be called couture.

Karl had said that he would never 'do 80s' again... well, I guess now he is eating his words. Never say never when Balmain became this influential.

It seems heavy beading is in this season... Armani, Givenchy, Chanel... couture clients want their money's worth.

The looks from the first half of the collection are quite dowdy and unflattering (especially the inappropriately placed leopard and fur pieces), however some of the dresses at the end are quite beautiful. Still I can't help but feel underwhelmed.

anybody by chance got across a pic of look n4 -magdalena's- with the coat open? it's the only trouser in the whole collection and we don't even get to see it!
i hate most of it, chanel couture is getting boring for me.

Mixed feelings, some of the pieces look completely trashy and old... idk.

While there are a few pieces beautifully done the collection as a whole is hideous and tacky. The hosiery is horrific and styling is bad, I have lost any interest in Chanel now for years and have little interest in anything Lagerfeld touches. He is the last of a dying breed of brilliant designers but his collections have been anything but.

The last two dresses in #216 are my fav.
The rest is just OK/boring/typical Chanel/wtf.

this is how you redeem yourself from last season's nightmare... congratulations to karl lagerfeld. though i'm not too crazy about many pieces, anything would have been a thumbs up after what he tried to pull last season.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm slightly baffled by lace tights here, just as I don't understand the harem pants are Givenchy. Haute Couture is not supposed to be creating $$$ versions of high street trends. Everyone and their mother has been wearing lace tights. On top of that, they look bad with the tweed suits and shoes of choice. :ermm:

i dont like the last wedding look on LARA, its just not looking like a bride...

I see some inspiration in Poiret.
Well, i'm not in love with this collection but i like it.

I love this collection! <3

The hair looks so cheap in the video on chanel.com.

Hope Lara's boyfriend doesn't care the show...the last moment

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denisa Imeraj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->