marcBarna

Reaction score
BsAgoLXCAAEDDPF.jpg
BsAg9OXCYAA9cOQ.jpg

Twitter/Vanessa Friedman

BsAhEYRIcAAbOv9.jpg
BsAhoT-CYAAglXh.jpg

Twitter/Bénédicte Epinay | Twitter/Vanessa Friedman

Things got really weird with some of the dresses but overall it's better than that supermarket crap.

I swear God this is the most unappealing Chanel HC collection I've ever seen.

IMO Just when you think Karl has lost mind, he breaks out a gorgeous collection like this.

Sure, there are still some 'Kreative' looks which I could do without but it reminds me of the beauty of the SS/FW 08 Couture collections. Some looks in this collection are DEVINE. Cant wait to see them on the cover of the October/November issues.

Why do Sam and Karl think couture can only be shown with silly and awful hairdos?

I've seen Chanel churn out so many similar looks before, I would like to be surprised for once. Oh well. At least some of looks will photograph nicely on the red carpet, if that's what they were aiming for.

The suits, as usual, are the strongest while the evening wear was so weak! Chanel has always been about the girl during the day and less about what she wears to galas and red carpet events. The strongest evening wear I saw from a Chanel couture show was from the last spring show, evidently when Jessica Biel wore a piece from that collection to the Oscars. I do however still think this show is one of Karl's strongest in recent years! I just don't get the horrendous hair and make-up...is that to justify that whatever you look like, Chanel will still make you look good?

This is the least terrible collection he's done since...i can't even remember. I really expected more supermarket mess. :shock:

Unfortunately, by saying this collection 'could be better' is just showing how low the bar has been set lately. And I'm not just talking about Chanel. Dior is another example. When I watch the Haute Couture shows, I want to be WOWED. The only designer who seems to understand at least the drama factor is JPG.
If only Karl could do this AND add his flawless construction and wearability, then maybe I wouldn't be disappointed every season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Karl really has no idea how a women body looks. Everything looks so unflattering on the models. Terrible colection.

I think the pregnant bride is quite dramatic :lol:

I like the shoes but flip flops for winter... Really?

I like the grey and white pieces the most and I hate those cycling shorts...
I´m always amazed by the craft though, even if I don´t like the designs they´re incredible made :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honorata
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->