012.jpg
012.jpg

013.jpg
013.jpg

014.jpg
014.jpg

015.jpg
015.jpg

I am really like this collection and oddly, I'm liking Chanel Homme.

053.jpg
053.jpg

054.jpg
054.jpg

055.jpg
055.jpg

056.jpg
056.jpg

057.jpg
057.jpg

So...I think it's approximately one million times better than the Spring show. I love all the short cocktail dresses and the almost exclusively black and white colour palette. Love the make-up, love the eyebrows, love the jewelry, love the shoes. Classy, classy, classy. Hopefully an indication of change at Chanel. This is what I'd like to see more of.

Spectacular. How come Lagerfeld only produces mediocre collections for the major seasons and all the off-season collections are spectacular. Love everything, the Lame pieces are a bit over the top but otherwise I love it all. I love the flat chain on the bags...And Chanel luggage...*fans self*

ahh, i LOVE this!!! just wish i had been there and seen the show live.....

This is surprisingly good, after the awful S/S 2006 show. The technique, especially the beadwork, is fantastic!

I am not so into the menswear, with the exception of the silver lamé tux shirt and the white caban, the rest just looks gross, especially on Brad Koenig... YUCK!

wow!
i do see the 90's or perhaps a little late 80's influence
but i have to say karma for the detail shots... they let me drool over those t bars!!:blush:

ehh, i think this is really only an okay collection. The only pieces that I like are the 30's inspired ones and the hair is good. Other than that I find it very....bleh.

tricotineacetat said:
This is surprisingly good, after the awful S/S 2006 show. The technique, especially the beadwork, is fantastic!

I am not so into the menswear, with the exception of the silver lamé tux shirt and the white caban, the rest just looks gross, especially on Brad Koenig... YUCK!

Judging from what you and Diroling said...I wonder who designed this collection. If you look at Lagerfeld's work for some Chanel collections and then Fendi and Gallery...it's all somewhat passee, no? So I wonder if these occasional spectacular collections are designed by the creative team. Or is it the other way around?

Just think of all Lagerfeld associated collection lately. There was even such a huge difference between his last couture collection (rainbow beading, wtf?) and the one that came before it, which was superb! Who designs what?!

Pastry said:
Judging from what you and Diroling said...I wonder who designed this collection. If you look at Lagerfeld's work for some Chanel collections and then Fendi and Gallery...it's all somewhat passee, no? So I wonder if these occasional spectacular collections are designed by the creative team. Or is it the other way around?

Just think of all Lagerfeld associated collection lately. There was even such a huge difference between his last couture collection (rainbow beading, wtf?) and the one that came before it, which was superb! Who designs what?!

The collections are all very Karl Lagerfeld to me, he certainly doesn´t design everything from head to toe, but most of what he designs is recognizably his. All those black and whites, the men´s shirts with ties or bows, the blazers, not to mention the accessories (gloves, rings, belts) everything just looks as if it was designed for the man himself and then re-made for the girls, don´t you think? Maybe that´s the ultimate problem about it, you can probably blame him as a little self-centered... :innocent:

I need the bags :heart:

To be quite honest I don't really think this is a great collection.
Well there are loads of pieces that strike me awed.. but..
There are also one or two look that I don't like, too old, I suppose
The styling on this show has made it great.. classy....
But take a look at it piece by piece... there are so many things I that won't even try to fit at the first place..

And... fall... 2006? Is it christmas yet? :innocent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->