Chanel Pre-Fall 2006 New York

droogist

spoilt victorian child
Reaction score
style.com review:
Only in New York Chanel's Pre-Fall Show Spares No Expense

December 9, 2005 – Karl Lagerfeld pulled out all the stops and then some to present Chanel's latest pre-fall collection on Wednesday night. First, there was the matter of the show's location: The 57th Street flagship was shut down for two days beforehand. Then there was the carefully choreographed event itself, with nouveau folkie Devendra Banhart playing live for an audience that included Lindsay Lohan, Ashley Olsen, Diane Kruger, and more socials than you could shake a quilted bag at. As for the clothes, they were decidedly not of the tossed-off variety.

Like a proud parent, Lagerfeld was keen to showcase the intricate beadwork of the legendary Lesage atelier, one of the métiers d'art that Chanel acquired earlier this decade. Glinting crystals embellished the arms of quilted black velvet jackets, and harlequins of red and gold bugle beads decorated chiffon gowns. They were among the only flashes of color in a mostly black-and-white collection, which, despite the satin stovepipes worn underneath tweed skirts and plenty of foppish ties, was more ladylike than garçon. Perhaps that can be attributed to the models' cherry-red lips and marcel waves held back by black satin ribbons, not to mention the mountains of costume jewelry—pearls, cuffs, brooches, and even rhinestone-encrusted T-straps. Count on those accessories to keep the boutique's cash registers ringing long after the show's temporary wallpaper has come down.

–Nicole Phelps

01m.jpg

02m.jpg

03m.jpg

04m.jpg

05m.jpg

this looks pretty lovely. Thanks droogist!

You're welcome helena :flower:

And for the Devendra fans...:
15m.jpg

20m.jpg

(all pics from style.com)

Last edited by a moderator:
This is just beautiful. I like it when Karl is more understated and isn't trying to just create a big fuss of a show.

^^^ like the devendra's Y's!!!!

The collection is lovely. Black & White + red lips= perfection!

I usually am bored with chanel but I really like this selection here. The second dress is very nice!

quite lovely.....thx droogist:flower:

His musical selection is always very interesting, and most of the time "on"

I love it! And I usually hate Karl Lagerfeld. But the embellishment and the blacks and whites, it's amazing. Brings more attention to the fabrics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting Droogist! :woot:

I like it so far, especially the shoes on the third pic down! Looking forward to the accessories :heart:

thanks for posting droogist. i dig the styling and the clothes. seems a bit 90's chanel, don't you think?

^that's what i thought, too.

thanks for sharing, droog^_^

Pre-Fall 06? Wow, I thought my sister was nuts for planning out her kid's B-Day party in September...

:heart: this! Thanks for posting Droogist! I really like the second dress in post 2.

You're welcome everyone.
travolta said:
thanks for posting droogist. i dig the styling and the clothes. seems a bit 90's chanel, don't you think?
Hm, I didn't think of that...I guess I always associate 90s Chanel with bright colors and 3/4-length suit jackets. Maybe I need to flick through the archives again....

Actually I think this collection is very in keeping with the current Lagerfeld look; I don't think it drifts very far from what he's done for the past few seasons at Chanel/L Gallery, or even his last collection for Fendi. Which is ok with me (you know how I love my Karlchen ^_^ ) but lately I've been wishing he'd make a little more of an effort...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eneida
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->