Chanel Pre-Fall 2006 New York

The_Ida said:
I love it! And I usually hate Karl Lagerfeld. But the embellishment and the blacks and whites, it's amazing. Brings more attention to the fabrics.
Agreed and thanks, droogist!

Pre-fall 2006?!!

Yes..it's a little early and the collection, though divine, isn't much of a breakthrough from what Karl has been doing lately.

But, heck, at the end of the day, I am loving what I see! :crush:

nothing revolutionary...
but it's karl doing karl...which is what he does best...

certainly it's one of his best efforts in some time...
i guess it's true what they say..
**stick to what you know....

*besides...i always like chanel best when it's blk and white...
seems that it's just meant to be that way...
^_^...

thanks for all the pics guys..:flower:...

Wow, I love it ... and I'm also totally loving the 20s/30s influence going forward ... I'm going to have to revise my opinion of Karl upward ...:clap: :clap: :clap:

I went to the Chanel store today to inquire about the shoes shown in this collection. I was told that it was the "cocktail" collection with different names each yr (this past cocktail collection is called Paris-Tokyo). IN addition, the cocktail collection is extremely expensive. The shoes from the collections are $3k to $4k :o as they are exotic skin shoes. The jackets are about $8k and some coats are priced at $80k. oh my :blink:

Caffeine said:
I went to the Chanel store today to inquire about the shoes shown in this collection. I was told that it was the "cocktail" collection with different names each yr (this past cocktail collection is called Paris-Tokyo). IN addition, the cocktail collection is extremely expensive. The shoes from the collections are $3k to $4k :o as they are exotic skin shoes. The jackets are about $8k and some coats are priced at $80k. oh my :blink:
Oh, that's too bad. I think a little virtual tear just ran down my cheek. :(

Thanks for investigating for us, Caffeine. :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
droogist said:
Oh, that's too bad. I think a little virtual tear just ran down my cheek. :(

Thanks for investigating for us, Caffeine. :flower:

^my pleasure Droogist. I was disappointed, too. I like the shoes so much :cry:

LeLuna[hiRis] said:
I need the bags :heart:

To be quite honest I don't really think this is a great collection.
Well there are loads of pieces that strike me awed.. but..
There are also one or two look that I don't like, too old, I suppose
The styling on this show has made it great.. classy....
But take a look at it piece by piece... there are so many things I that won't even try to fit at the first place..

And... fall... 2006? Is it christmas yet? :innocent:

Wouldn't that be the very definition of a great collection??

can anyone help me to find the photos, any Model or Celeb wears this chanel 06aw jacket? many thanks.
1164585418.jpg

the classic Chanel is back,it is much better than the 06S/S series of it.

I really like it it gives me a feel of vintage and elegance...love it!

^^ devendra appears to be a good friend of kaiser karl... form what he said in a video that used to be posted at chanel.com they love to play music together (hearing karl play guitar with his leather mittens is said to feel like a fur coat :P)

I really want to like this because the styling is good, the presentation is nice, etc... but the clothing just does not cut it for me.:unsure:

borjacapella said:
^^ devendra appears to be a good friend of kaiser karl... form what he said in a video that used to be posted at chanel.com they love to play music together (hearing karl play guitar with his leather mittens is said to feel like a fur coat :P)

awww...so the Kaiser's just a regular old Pooh-Bear after all!:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->