Chanel Pre-Fall 2007 Paris-Monaco

ilaughead

Reaction score
The pictures are on Chanel.com right now. Sadly, the video won't come out until tomorrow. The theme is ballerina/20's silhouettes and, like last year's cocktails collection, tons of embroidery by Lesage!

In my opinion, the collection is just mediocre. The first ten or so looks are clean and modern, but it gets pretty "standard Lagerfeld" in the middle. The last four dresses are wonderful!

I agree. there were those pieces that stood out as absolutely beautiful and then there were some that were just bleh.

As I wrote today for my blog, Fendi is the last remaining label in which Lagerfeld keeps doing a splendid job.

Stavross said:
As I wrote today for my blog, Fendi is the last remaining label in which Lagerfeld keeps doing a splendid job.

Well, Fendi is definately the his best ready-to-wear line, but I absolutely adore Chanel couture (especially last season).

I think he just has a problem keeping his Victorian frou-frou off all of his collections.:P

I think Karl does a magnificent job at Chanel.

But I always wonder, how the *bleep* does this guy find all the time to do so many collections?

eternitygoddess said:
But I always wonder, how the *bleep* does this guy find all the time to do so many collections?

He has a team who'll create the clothes from his sketches...

I like it as there are some nice pieces inthere, but for some reason it was looking a little Prada SS 07. Maybe it's just me. ^_^

(On a side note, I think I saw Inguna Butane back to what looks like her old hair color. She looks better now!)

i have to say that I really dislike this collection. I simply don't see anybody below 40 to wear those things. boring and simply OLD.

pics and article from style.com...

Karl Lagerfeld was in his element today at Chanel's "Paris—Monte Carlo" pre-fall collection. First, there was the location—Monaco's magnificent nineteenth-century opera house, once the host of Diaghilev's Ballets Russes. Then, there was the audience, which included the couture-clad Princess Ernst of Hanover (better known as Caroline of Monaco), her pinup girl daughter Charlotte Casiraghi, socialite Tatiana Santo Domingo, and France's It girl actresses: Anna Mouglalis, Elodie Bouchez, and Amira Casar. And, of course, there was the collection, which Lagerfeld said was "all about layering in a weightless way." Not an easy thing to accomplish considering how elaborately embellished the clothes were, but he pulled it off.

Divided into three acts—day, cocktail, and evening—the presentation showcased the workmanship of the métiers d'art owned by Chanel since 2002. Lesage embroidery decorated tweed skirt suits and fitted leather jackets. Lemarié's camellias dangled from a tulle dress, while a satin bow cinched a showstopping cashmere dress flounced with frayed ruffles. And Desrue's intricate costume jewelry was everywhere—in the hair, at the wrist, piled at the neck.

In a nod to Coco Chanel's costumes for the ballet Le Train Bleu, the models wore fawn-like eye makeup and their hair pulled-back, the palette ranged from flesh tones to Klein blue to black, shoes came topped with satin bows, and there was endless tulle. It covered jeweled cuffs, diamanté buttons, even entire tweed jackets. "If you want to create allure, veil it," said Lagerfeld.

01m.jpg
02m.jpg

03m.jpg
04m.jpg

05m.jpg
06m.jpg

13m.jpg
14m.jpg

15m.jpg
16m.jpg

last batch...style.com

i agree with caffeine...
some pieces are very old looking...not very modern like what i saw in the s/s collection...

I really like this collection too, more than s/s 2007, i think s/s07 is just a bit boring(a lot of re-makes)... and to me, this collection is more like couture as there are many couture elements. The shoes and boots are adorable. Paris-Monte Carlo is soo Coco Chanel! Luv it.:heart:

Caffeine said:
i have to say that I really dislike this collection. I simply don't see anybody below 40 to wear those things. boring and simply OLD.

Careful there caffeine ^_^ , I'm over 40 :D and the only thing I would wear is the red silk blouse. the rest is just old no matter what age you are.

excuses but i dont see this 'old' not a all.. it certainly wasnt designed with the +40 client in mind, i could look terribly boring on 'older' women

rare since i'm not a karl fan but i like some of those looks posted here by kimair
like the first look at post 11 and the trouser look at post 10 & 9
loved the knit bolero -white shirt-lng skirt look at post 9, i could live in this look next winter

some of the worst looks are 'daywear'
modernism gone wrong> horrible..
120806_chanel7.jpg

common highstreet mood> tragic
120806_chanel9.jpg

fave point from the collection, the mix of 'daywear' knits with evening wear

120806_chanel16.jpg

i almost like this too

excluding the 'tacky daywear' this is a fun 'in the spirit' of Coco collection, after all those years maybe la karl-la is finally getting the Coco message

photos credited to wwd

Last edited by a moderator:
luckyme said:
Careful there caffeine ^_^ , I'm over 40 :D and the only thing I would wear is the red silk blouse. the rest is just old no matter what age you are.

Sorry :cry: ...I didn't think...but you know what I meant...it's just like he is dressing people old, on purpose :doh:
many pieces of day wear are almost made with Coco in her last years in Karl's mind...

Last edited by a moderator:
:boxer: ^, just toying with you. you are right on target as far as I'm concerned, KL really needs to take off the shades and see what's fresh.

Lena said:
excuses but i dont see this 'old' not a all.. it certainly wasnt designed with the +40 client in mind, i could look terribly boring on 'older' women

rare since i'm not a karl fan but i like some of those looks posted here by kimair
like the first look at post 11 and the trouser look at post 10 & 9
loved the knit bolero -white shirt-lng skirt look at post 9, i could live in this look next winter

some of the worst looks are 'daywear'
modernism gone wrong> horrible..

excluding the 'tacky daywear' this is a fun 'in the spirit' of Coco collection, after all those years maybe la karl-la is finally getting the Coco message

photos credited to wwd

Those first two images are actually attendees of the fashion show, they're not looks from the collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swfrank123
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->