chanel31.jpg

chanel32.jpg

chanel33.jpg

chanel34.jpg

chanel35.jpg

FIN

wwd.com

Last edited by a moderator:
i quite like most of it. i love the bronze, i love the gold, i love that first red coat + red cuissardes!!!!!!
i'm so glad this was worth waiting for so long... i mean, it's not paris-new york but it gives me just the right amount of karl that i need until couture week!! :P
(can't wait for the interviews et al.!!!!!!!!)

ps: going to sleep now! finally... 2 am... :S in 4 hours, alarm clock will wake me up!!

AMAZING!! Look at those stockings! And look at those shoes!!!

meh I am indifferent towards this but the models looks stunning.

Thank you for posting! :heart: You just scratched everyone's itches.

This couldn't be more stunning, I love the gold stocking shoes and the dress of Diana F.

Here's the article from WWD:

Karl Lagerfeld made his directorial debut Wednesday night in Paris, hearty applause greeting the grainy 10-minute silent film about Gabrielle Chanel’s early years that he screened prior to showing the house’s Russian-themed satellite collection.
“Oh, he can do anything,” Marianne Faithfull cheered afterward, adding, “Well, he works very hard.” “Very good lighting — and very good dialogue,” Amira Casar nodded, turning to chat with Anna Mouglalis. They, along with Princess Caroline of Monaco and a host of French actresses, packed into the cozy, rickety Théâtre le Ranelagh, which Lagerfeld had decked out like the Twenties nightclub featured on-screen.

Yet the movie, cast from Lagerfeld’s entourage of models, muses and seamstresses, did not at all overshadow the designer’s formidable faculties in the fashion department. Economy be darned, this was one extravagant production, with the collection’s every item channeling the unmistakable look and pulse of Russia, from onion-domed gold heels and astrakhan muffs to fantasy folkloric headdresses by Japanese wizard Kamo.

“There are three things I like about Russia,” Lagerfeld had enumerated during fittings at Rue Cambon on Tuesday, as the pale model Vlada Roslyakova glided in wearing a fluffy knit ensemble. “I love Imperial Russia, from Catherine the Great to Fabergé. I love constructivism, of course. And I love Russian folklore, which is very special. What was fun was to mix it all.” Indeed, he covered a lot of ground, showing everything from a strikingly simple coat with a shawl collar and sloping babushka shoulders to tweed suits with military airs and geometric trim. Fashion news included lots of tubular or fluffy knits, a tiered silhouette and a rush of gold that dazzled boots and metallic Cossack trousers. The glimmering brocades, fur trims and luscious embroideries added up to a fashion feast as rich, or some might say as heavy, as a caviar-topped potato. “It looked very couture to me,” opined Diane Kruger, about to head back to Berlin, where she’s shooting a Quentin Tarantino film in which she plays “a German movie star that’s a spy for the British.”

Lagerfeld launched Chanel’s métiers d’art collection in 2002 as a way to showcase the skills of the house-owned specialty couture ateliers, pioneering a trend to hyper-luxury and fanning pre-collection mania. Asked if he had any pause showing such expensive and opulent clothes at a moment of economic crisis, he waved off the question. “These dresses come out in six or seven months from now, and the world may have changed by then,” he said. And besides, not every look was dripping with splendor. “There are very simple jersey dresses, too,” he noted, “but the way it’s shown, it’s not a bore.”

Ever the forward thinker, Lagerfeld already has designs on what he’ll do one year hence: “Shanghai Express — the trip [Chanel] never made,” he said, flashing a big, imperial smile.

The black and white piece on Anya Kazakova is just flawless, I can't stop looking at it. Vlada and Anabela's piece are brilliant too.

Last edited by a moderator:
He is just in another dimension!! Amazing!! Can't wait to see the detail shots! B)

This does sound really exciting, and the pictures posted by street a licious have got this magical sparkle to it, (or maybe it's my bias of my love of the 20s era). Edita is a new model to me, but she's very pretty! Though, I must admit, like spike413 says, she is a bit prettier than Miss Chanel, but that doesn't matter! From the photos posted, the set created looks divine and the clothes! :woot: The embellishments on them are great, the headprices are wonderful.. ahh! Really lovely! For me, Mr-Dale is spot on; 'a perfect mix of classic Chanel and Regal Russia' ^_^

Oh wow, it has been a while since I was sold. I am floored.

The red suit? Honestly how brilliant is that? I could see someone like Vreeland squeling from delight at the sight of it. :heart:

Gorgeous! It was so worth waiting for! omg, coats and shoes, and those two all white outfits...I love it. And the presentation is fabulous as expected ^_^

Hmm...first look through I hated it all. (The hats ruined it.) But the second time through I kind of love 99% of it. I kind of even want one of those hideous hats.

Definitely needs to be looked through piece-by-piece, otherwise it's more than overwhelming.

(And way too early to be looking forward to this, but did I hear Shanghai?!?!?)

This is SO COOL. I love it.

Also, did he only use Eastern European models or something? The only ones I recognize are Eastern European, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swfrank123
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->