Chanel Pre-Fall 2009 Paris-Moscow

He truly nailed the aesthetics this time around - what a wonderful sight to see!

Shanghai is a logical next stop :clap:

I may have to retract my statement from a couple days ago where I said I was looking forward to seeing Karl interpret Imperial Russia. :ninja:

It's been interpreted much better by other designers.

Last edited by a moderator:
i agree, stunning! the headpieces are amazing imo. anyone see the triangle print on dress?- klimt?

This is SO COOL. I love it.

Also, did he only use Eastern European models or something? The only ones I recognize are Eastern European, lol.

Yeah he did only use Eastern European models because they fit the collection the most. I really couldnt see it another way actually, and i'm all for diversity on runways.

This is GREAT! And just simply for a resort collection? I can't wait to see what he does for couture. The man never runs out of ideas.

I'm impressed that he managed to blend Chanel and Russia seamlessly together. When I think of Russia, I imagine it to be more within Lacroix's territory.

Speaking of which, I'd like to see Lacroix interpret imperial Russia.

^^ that would be amazing. lagerfeld has been really impressive lately

I really, really like the head pieces, they are so regal and beautiful. I would love to see the looks without the head pieces. I especially like look 13,17,18,21,22,24,30 & 33.

I love it so far. Very interesting. Although at times it gets a little frumpy.

What are the gold head pieces called? Are they part of the Russian historic wear or something Karl created himself? It's a brilliant touch!

I'm sure they're historic -- McQueen has used them as well :flower:.

All in all it's to much cheese for me but some of the shoes do look drool-worthy.

I really like the presentation, and the shoes! Gotta love the shoes. Oh, and the triangle print dress, niceeee.

No pictures at Getty or Yahoo..very strange... :unsure:

Wow...Those b/w- fotos in the first post look so nostalgic, beautiful :heart:
I can't wait to see more :woot:^_^

Woooow, brilliant collection! :woot: I love it, so rich and opulent - wonderful! :wub:

I love his combination of gold/black and all coats :bounce::clap:

Wow!!! :buzz: Frankly, I didn't set my hopes too high for this, but I'm impressed!

Is it just me or does the collection really didn't go up to its 'Chanel'-level? It's kinda predictable. Maybe I expect too much from him. After all it's Chanel we're talking.

But I love the clip. Brad is da-bomb! =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swfrank123
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->