Chanel Pre-Fall 2019 : Hyun Ji Shin & Vittoria Ceretti by Karl Lagerfeld

Yet again, a campaign which criminally undersells the clothes. I can't make myself like this.

Hyun looks gorgeous and majestic. I think it was the right choice to turn the lookbook into a campaign because it's one of the best shoots I have seen in the last years by Karl. It's simple but elegant unlike the SS19 campaign which was just boring.

Also I don't know why but I'm getting a bit tired of Vittoria. I mean I love her face and she has produced some memorable images but this point of her career isn't very challenging for her, she's basically doing the same things on repeat which is great for her but not much for fashion lovers who like to see new stuff both from designers and models. I also feel like success has changed her personality and it reflects on her shootings, but that's another story.

Also I don't know why but I'm getting a bit tired of Vittoria. I mean I love her face and she has produced some memorable images but this point of her career isn't very challenging for her, she's basically doing the same things on repeat which is great for her but not much for fashion lovers who like to see new stuff both from designers and models. I also feel like success has changed her personality and it reflects on her shootings, but that's another story.
I feel like she's on auto-pilot mode. She's doing nothing I haven't seen from her before and that can be said about a lot of models but it's not good for someone as ubiquitous as her. But I guess that's her management's fault.

I hate this collection and generally hate Chanel's campaigns, but in a way that worked!

As simple as it is, it just... works!

Hyun Ji is absolutely flawless, just one in a million. This looks super expensive and beautiful!

It's flawless, expensive looking and the clothes really speak for themselves.

^Oh wow, that first shot of Vittoria is to die for!

Photographer: Karl Lagerlfed
Make Up: Lucia Pica
Model: Vittoria Ceretti

Vogue Russia Digital Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alantrabriggs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"