Chanel S/S 11 Paris

I'm with most of you about the shoes, especially the platforms... I think it's the shape that doesn't make them look all that appealing..

The set is really wonderful though!!

Last edited by a moderator:
agree that the platform shoes are hideous, but I think Karl has some sort of affinity for trying to take ugly shoes and making them look good (like the clogs :shock: lol), but he fails with the platforms completely.

that said, I loved most of the collection. I feel like it is something many generations of women can all find something to covet whether they are in their 20s or 50s and there's nothing wrong with that in my eyes.

Love the black dresses!:heart:
The boy was very adorable!:D

Wonderful show!!
The clothes are amazing!! the shoes are hideous except the black motocycle boots!
The casting was great, one of the best of the season!!
Gorgeous bags!!
Loved the dresses on Carmen, Stella and Sasha!! The best ones to me!!

This is so good !!!!
It's the Chanel that I really love. Really great pieces and I love the colours, especially the black and yellow combination. And live orchestra playing "Isobel" by Bjork ? Amazing.

The set is STUNNING! Love it!

Those shorts absolutely kill me, I gotta say. I actually like the jeans though. And the flapper dresses are classic.

I can't wait till the entire show is out (in video) to pick a favourite look. So much to love here! I even love the shoes. I think they balance out some of the whimsy in the garments. Mark down another S/S must-have item with that parasol. (So far, I need a Dior Sailor Hat, Rad Hourani sci-fi sunglasses & a Chanel parasol. :P )

That ostrich feather dress blew me out my French doors. Staggering!

Why cant Chanel design an amazing shoe? not once has a shoe came off the Chanel runway in the last few seasons that is actually nice to look at....i mean those were hideous, just like the last couture collection shoes...the feather dress was spectacuar, everything else was just 'bleh'....

The collection looks amazing. However, it makes clear something we already knew: Karl CAN'T DESIGN A ****ING SHOE! lmao

I liked the 1920s-style little black dress that Freja wore at the end.
I loved the prints. Hated the platform shoes.
Love the song Bittersweet Symphony.

And it's so nice to see them together again. ^_^
chanel325.jpg

nowfashion

Some very nice pieces. The shoes are really awful and horrible. So are the pieces in tweed. They never do anything for me. Ever.

I do absolutely adore the catwalk and the umbrella. Overall, a decent collection to me, but certainly not the best from Paris.

Vogue Italy-

It's not a famous soundtrack nor is it a trendy rock group: to accompany the S/S 2011 runway show at the Grand Palais in Paris, Chanel had an entire orchestra present. Strings, woodwinds and percussion rendered the atmosphere even more refined, for what always proves to be one of the most spectacular shows of Paris fashion week.

They used the same location as February, when Lagerfeld presented his collection with icebergs, was once again breathtaking: alongside three great fountains, there was an elegant French gardens with Chanel nuances in black and white. Front row celebrities included Keira Knightley, Lily Allen and Rachel Bilson. They weren't the only guest stars at the event: for the finale, kaiser Karl got up onto the runway together with Inès de la Fressange, who hasn't modeled for Chanel for twenty years, as well as Freja Beha Ericssen and Baptiste Giabiconi.

Vogue UK-

"EPIC", "immense", "extravagant" - as the Chanel show came to a close this morning it was all we could do to splutter the biggest words we could think of to describe it.

Karl Lagerfeld always shows in the Grand Palais and he always puts on a spectacle - but today he had planned an extravaganza on a much, much bigger scale.

The entire floor space of the building had been transformed into a beautiful black and white maze of a French garden set around three fountains about which seemingly endless models walked. "This must surely be every model in Paris," Kate Phelan said as they walked by.

Wonderful orchestral renditions of hits by Oasis, Florence and the Machine and The Verve played them out and, as Ines de la Fressange wandered past smiling and waving to thrilled applause, it felt less like a fashion show and more like decadent fashion history being made.

But for all its ceremony, this was a show of incredibly beautiful clothes that had little or none of the kitschy element Lagerfeld sometimes includes - frayed denims or cowboy boots have been known to interrupt our fashion reverie at Chanel shows sometimes.

The extraordinary workmanship of these pieces suited the grandeur of their setting. Not overtly summery, it was about as close to couture as ready-to-wear can be, with eggshell pink silk dresses finely split in tattered patches as if they'd been unearthed in some magical attic and then touched with fine feathered embroidery.

The Chanel tweed suits, too, were expertly moth-eaten, their kimono sleeves and graphic shapes taking on a digital print effect as the model walked away proving that every moth mouthful had been meticulously planned. Later the feather embroidery emerged multicoloured from the jacket hems and sleeves.

During a season when most designers have felt somewhat floral, this house made flowers part of its inherent look, the house camellia blown up large in pale yellow and pink on layered chiffon dresses.

You can guarantee rich fabrics and luxury on a Chanel catwalk but today's metallic tweeds looked like liquid money, let alone investment pieces - and the accessories alone will make you look a million dollars: long fringes of gold for earrings, feathered and jewelled necklaces, roll-topped, feather fringed tweed bags or tiny gold jewelled cocktail bags and wooden platform heels or glittering tweed boots. And a parasol in the shape of a giant CC was divinely desirable, too.

Candy coloured floral embellishments fringed tiered and layered chiffon dresses that fell to mid-calf - the primary place for hemlines next season - and one peach explosion of marabou was a fine example of showmanship, while other black dresses of denser fabric belted in gold cord proved that this woman has a real life to lead too.

Lagerfeld has fun with Chanel - a toddler walked by at one point in identical CC tweeds to his father next to him - and leaving the show today felt like we'd witnessed something truly spectacular.

Last edited by a moderator:
I absolutely love this :heart:

A really lovely collection! And I happen to like the shoes!

Wow! All I need is a bucket of buttered popcorn and a tall glass of iced-cold coca cola. It's like watching a movie...so cozy I need a blankie :P::blush:

Just seen the Whole collection and I've changed my mind
I loved the clothes, was it me or did it look like Karl was trying to comply with women of all ages, there was some sophisticated moments then there were some young hollywood/pop, rock star moments. However although I'm a little underwalmed I still found this spectacular

Aside from some of the shoes this looks very good!
It's so much better than I expected it to be and the runway looks amazing :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->