Chanel S/S 2009 : Heidi Mount & Jerry Hall by Karl Lagerfeld

Quite a nice eyewear ad, thanks for posting Northern Star ^_^

at first i thought the campaign was weird, but i'm starting to love it little by little, especially the dark and edgy concept.
that's how i'm starting to feel...i'm liking it more and more...and it's starting to make me like heidi even more:heart:

i love the atmosphere of emptiness these images provide. it must feel lonely on the top of the world. does it, Karl?

heidi looks great in the eyewear ad. i like it a lot.

This ad is growing on me, I thought it was really boring at first, but the mysterious feeling it brings out is really unique, very 'chanel' :smile: I'm loving the eyewear ad the most!

From Harper's Bazaar March 2009 (I think this is new..)

scanned by me | sorry it isnt super big!

jerry hall by karl lagerfeld. (fashionologie)

Attachments

• jerry1.gif
    jerry1.gif
    97.1 KB · Views: 10
  • jerry2.gif
    jerry2.gif
    110.4 KB · Views: 14
  • jerry3.gif
    jerry3.gif
    74.4 KB · Views: 10
  • jerry4.gif
    jerry4.gif
    97.4 KB · Views: 8
  • jerry5.gif
    jerry5.gif
    106.3 KB · Views: 7
  • jerry6.gif
    jerry6.gif
    103.9 KB · Views: 11
  • jerry7.gif
    jerry7.gif
    102.5 KB · Views: 8
  • jerry8.gif
    jerry8.gif
    97.7 KB · Views: 7
story from grazia
The shoot is based on Colette's post-war novel, Cheri, which tells the story of the end of a six-year love affair between an older woman and a younger man, played by male model-of-the-moment Baptiste Giabiconi. We think it's The Graduate, Chanel style, but Karl has other ideas. ‘Oscar Wilde said, "I like men who have a future, and women who have a past" (The Picture Of Dorian Gray),' he says. ‘It is this whole idea of seduction that is summarised here that appeals to me. One of a very young man fascinated and attracted by what a woman does: her wardrobe, her perfume, her movements, her allure, etc.' And how did Jerry land the leading role? ‘I've known Jerry since she was 15 and have always loved her sumptuous and generous side. I love her skin, her complexion, her hair, her overall allure.' Jerry herself remembers their first encounter well. ‘I first met Karl in the early 1970s at Club Sept with Antonio Lopez,' she recounts. ‘He was very sexy. I first worked for him doing a fashion show for Chloé. My daughters are still wearing one of his miniskirts from there.' Since then, she's been a dedicated Chanel girl. She wears a Chanel suit every time she has to dress for an important occasion and her favourite accessory is her black quilted handbag with the chain. As for the hype surrounding the comeback models, Jerry believes it's all down to genes and good behaviour – but she isn't afraid to look her age. ‘Of course, good genes are very important in helping a woman age gracefully, but I also think moderation with drink, healthy eating and a positive outlook are important. My big secret is getting a lot of sleep,' she says. ‘Youthful beauty is a wonder to be admired, but should not be grotesquely held on to past its time. The greatest advantages of ageing are being allowed to be eccentric and commanding respect.' Somehow, we think you've got that covered, Jerry... And it looks like we'll get another chance to see Karl and Jerry collaborate again soon. He's shot another portrait of the model that she is using for the cover of her autobiography, Self Portrait, coming out in October

Chanel Handbags S/S 09 : Jerry Hall & Baptiste Giabiconi by Karl Lagerfeld

We've had the comeback of the 40-something models and today comes the turn of the 50-somethings, led by Ms Jerry Hall. The Texan model, who revealed last year she was worried she was ‘past her prime', stars inKarl Lagerfeld'sshoot for the new Chanel accessories catalogue, and looks so good she almost manages to distract us from that up-ended 2.55 bag. The shoot is based on Colette's post-war novel, Cheri, which tells the story of the end of a six-year love affair between an older woman and a younger man, played by male model-of-the-moment Baptiste Giabiconi. We think it's The Graduate, Chanel style, but Karl has other ideas. ‘Oscar Wilde said, "I like men who have a future, and women who have a past" (The Picture Of Dorian Gray),' he says. ‘It is this whole idea of seduction that is summarised here that appeals to me. One of a very young man fascinated and attracted by what a woman does: her wardrobe, her perfume, her movements, her allure, etc.' And how did Jerry land the leading role? ‘I've known Jerry since she was 15 and have always loved her sumptuous and generous side. I love her skin, her complexion, her hair, her overall allure.'

chanel-6.gif
chanel-4.gif
Chanel_1.gif

chanel-9.gif
chanel-7.gif
chanel-3_0.gif

chanel-5.gif
chanel-2.gif
chanel-8.gif

Image and Text Source : graziadaily.co.uk

so classy..but not so handbag-y. :P
i like these shots a lot though!

I love it too. It's mainly verrry french, apart from classic, sophisticated and Chaaaanel!

Dear God I am really tired of the whole "cougar" thing to describe any relationship between a younger man and an older woman. It's really derogatory as far as I'm concerned. We don't call men who date younger women Cheetahs or some such nonsense. :innocent:

But enough about the sexual politics of pop culture terms. Lets talk fashion. I think that Jerry is looking ravishing in this. I agree with the Grazia review that you don't even notice the handbags (however strategically placed they've been) she's just got that allure. The only thing is that you don't really notice the male model either and if this is supposed to be a grand affair I wish they would have used someone a little more dynamic. Perhaps even that completely fetching Sebastian Jondeau who follows Karl like a shadow. That would have be quite sexy.

^^Huge karma Luxx, i think its tiring & silly, and especially in this case because its obvious that Karl went for the older woman with a younger man affair, based on the book, so that dynamic is sort of the point of the whole campaign.And hell yeah at the Sebastian suggestion, that would have been perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:
IT'S GORGEOUS!!! Jerry looks amazing. This is way better than the mainline ads. Thanks for the images Miss Dalloway.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->