Chanel S/S 2019 Paris

edie's unbelievable beautiful!! I hope she can get the ad this season

I'm usually one to defend Karl but even this is pretty indefensible. This looks more like a Resort collection from five years ago than a SS19 RTW collection. No new concepts or cuts. More tweed jackets without anything unique to them. There's no X Factor. I usually love Chanel but this is probably the worst collection he's put out for a long time. Even the beach set in the Grand Palais was really average and lacklustre compared to previous Chanel sets.

Paris Fashion Week (and the whole fashion month) has been an absolute disappointment. No magic anywhere.

Gosh, what a boring casting.

The collection has a fun vibe to it but overall it's pretty unremarkable.

Ugh, the setting for this presentation is to die for! And I admire the fact that hair and makeup really amplified that with the dewy and sheeny direction!

The actual collection? Love it when Karl plays with pastels. He's masterful with that. He ruined the looks with the logo treatment, which imo doesn't seem like it was approached with any creativity. Besides that there's not much going for this collection. Just more of the same, basically! Also, it seems Chanel is getting more mature with each offering which is fine. But these painfully young girls doesn't sell the entire look for me in that case. But once again the closing look is :wub:

Calf p*rn? Definitely Adwoa Aboah!!!

Normally I should hate it (wasn’t a fan at all of the S/S18 and resort was hits/misses) but I love it!
It’s not his best collection or his most innovative...And compared to Fendi, in terms of design, it’s not grandiose but the spirit, the allure, the lightness are what I need to see.

Looking at the clips on IG, it works better in movement!
Beachwear and the idea behind it is nothing new for Karl. He did it in the 80’s, in the 90’s, for the St-Tropez collection and he used a beach as the set for his Venice collection.
This is the first time he does it in a very obvious way.

The beach is a really important part of Chanel because that’s where, from Biarritz to Deauville, she started to have an impact in women’s life.

I love the look on Marjan, the black leather suit, all the eveningwear part! The dress on Adut is stunning.
I’m not big on logos on logos on logos but it works with the spirit of the collection.

It’s great to see the girls having fun..

I also love the idea of a rich Chanel client wearing her clothes on the beach. I bet they also had a lot of fun at the show...
And the soundtrack was beyond good!

Good season for Karl. Next, the Métiers d’Arts at the MET!

Dated, stalled, stucked, tacky (that overdose of Chanel branding looks cheap and even fake!), uninteresting, dull, boring, uninspired...and I could go on and on!

Red flag here! The beach must be closed!

Last edited:
who needs this? Sorry but for me this is as dull as Dior. He's lost the magic. I just can't remember one single look.

I'm all ready for a change at Chanel.

I love it, love it, love it! and the scenario is spectacular

Ugh, the setting for this presentation is to die for! And I admire the fact that hair and makeup really amplified that with the dewy and sheeny direction!

I got to the conclusion that the best thing about Fashion Week lately, and the only things that gets me excited are the settings. I couldn't care less about the clothes. It is all turning into an endless formula, everyone comes for the immersive experience provided by the backdrop. I would too, cannot hate on that. The ingenuousness of the invites gets more air time than the actual clothes.

^^
At Chanel, it’s been a long time now since the S/S collections are pure money-grabbing with easy sets, humor and tacky logo-a-Gogo.
I was appalled by the plastic from this summer but it sold really well. Some pieces were sold out in Paris.

It’s formulatic, very formulatic. I don’t expect nothing from the main SS shows now. All the experimentations or fresh ideas goes into the Couture and Metiers d’Arts and sometimes the FW collections.

I like when Karl goes very directional and less when he does his « everything for everybody » thing.

But every year, it’s the same story. We’ll have the same « Karl should retire » comments and after the Metiers d’Arts, « He still got it ».

But one thing is sure, The Weirthemers and the teams at Chanel are already setting things for Chanel post-Lagerfeld..

The scenography is ridiculous. No matter how much water and sand you import, a bland collection remains bland.
That being said, it is an OK collection and I had a crush on the Double-C empreinte logo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->