Chanel HC S/S 08 Paris

Chanel: Guests arriving at the Chanel couture show at the Grand Palais on Tuesday were hit with a very clear sign: The stage featured a soaring — as in 66 feet high — stone-colored classic jacket complete with double-C buttons and braid trim opened just enough at the bottom for the models to exit. Clearly, this would be a collection that centered on that most glorious of house standards. And indeed it did, as Karl Lagerfeld sent out a bounty.

it's funny because in every interview i've seen so far, karl mentions how the jacket is what everybody thinks of when they hear CHANEL, but that the idea behind this collection was that the emerging looks from this huge classic, would be more like what people actually dont know about her work

I like this collection, Lagerfeld had became predictable IMO, but this collection seems somewhat innovative. I love the flats because every ensemble has a ballerina feel to it. Sometimes I think he does not understand the female body so a lot of pieces does not seem to be wearable. However, when he hits a homerun like he does with some of the suits it is to die for.

overall i think the collection is well done and that there are some really nice pieces in there..

but i can't help but think... why does karl always stick to the same colors?
he doesn't really move beyond dove grey/blk/white/pale pink it seems..

i'm not suggesting that he should use bright jewel tones a la dior but i think it would be nice if some more colors were brought into the mix..
the lack of new color makes the collections blend a bit for me..

i'm glad there's no denim here though.. :P

i really have nothing bad to say about this collection...
it's quite impressive and strong...
lots of desirable pieces...

*interesting choice to show couture with flats...:ermm:...
though it didnt' work with every single outfit...
9 times out of 10 it did and it definitely was not a 'safe' choice...
so i applaud that...

:clap:

The poses were grotesque
The shoes were grotesque
Maybe Karl will get a taste of his own medicine with a
quote of critisism from another established designer :shifty:

I could not agree with you more, stephanie_bond 15.
Everything is grotesque! Really misshapen and so eighties ludicrous.

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved the clothing. It reminded me a lot like the collection from spring 06 HC for some reason (which is a good thing, because I love that collection.) The models looked so short though in the flats (from the photos on style.com).

I love it! Yes it's very safe and wearable but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

I love the use of flats. It's very chic and unexpected and I think it works with a huge majority of the outfits, or at least gives it a new twist.

Admittedly though this is a very youthful late teens-20s collection so I fit right into that demographic, unfortunately my income status doesn't :P It's youthful and fun, pretty and delicate, it's the usual classic with an edge which KL for Chanel does so well when he really wants to.

I don't know if this has been posted. But here is the setting with more models and Karl: NYTimes

Attachments

• 24cout395.1.jpg
    24cout395.1.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 23

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back