Chanel S/S 2019 Paris

maybe because of the beach and bare feet, it does looks a resort collection than a fashion week collection, and Karl is really into 90s vintage vibe these days, like he is scratching out his old archives to make a new collection.

I feel it less, compared with 17 and 18 SS season, not sharp and distinct enough, i don't get disappointed when he makes sth ugly yet unusual, but i do mind seeing old or plain stuffs from Chanel's show collection.
Glad i still have HC and FW collections to expect sth from.

remember his good days, he is still the greatest among all.

The impossibly elaborate sets usually cover all sins... but without a rocket or a waterfall it all looks a little tired. The shoes-in-hand thing is a nice humorous touch though. Casting is not amazing - no Hadids in sight but still not a great amount of diversity.

A flattering hairstyle at Chanel? This is wild (almost as wild as Karl with regular glasses).

Speaking of which, I like how like light and, again, flattering most of these pieces look. I'm almost excited to take a closer look.

Apparently the theme of the collection served as an introduction to their new « Coco beach » line...
So I guess the FW will be about winter sports as the « Coco neige » line didn’t received a runway treatment..

eva chen posted on ins, saying the ending of the show was emotional and ppl/frd waved to karl and he waved back.
are some of the top-tier fashion ppl know sth? it feels like she is implying karl will retire soon and this will be his last SS collection.....

^^
I don’t think Eva knows anything about it. I don’t even think he will leave soon...And to be honest, there are more chances for him to leave Fendi before Chanel.
He’ll leave when he decide to.

But the Weirthemers are preparing his succession and in a way, theirs to.

I was disappointed with Chanel's latest collections but i have to admit i really like this one. Beautiful!!

90s nostalgia. I only missed some supers, specially Claudia.

I really enjoyed how quiet this show was, no strident colors or lousy gimmicks. The black dresses at the end were very nice and I liked how they were styled.

I wonder how they will handle Karl's retirement. A Valentino/YSL style big party or something more quiet.

stunning, really obviously made for instagram/influencers but the colours are gorgeous

One of the more enjoyable collections by him, but that's just me. I prefer low key from Karl.

Karl is the Meisel of designers

I've seen this so many times before. I would rather see an actual beach than an artificial one.
Go to Chanel resort 2010, the Venice collection.
It wasn’t about beach but it was shown on an actual beach.

They play different songs in real life (some of them are in the final vid).

I want to see a volcano-theme collection:mohawk:....beach theme is a bit medicore:rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->