Chloe 'Silverado' Bag

There's a Gold Medium on ebay. Ref no. 6747285546

Does anyone know why the ebay sellers are willing to sell such a popular bag at below the retail price? I am stumped...

i don't know, klow.. i've never inquired about the silverados there.. i'm actually on the waiting list (3rd or 4th in line i believe) for the new brown at chloe nyc but i haven't called them to take me off the list yet and i've not heard from them yet on its arrival... maybe i could give you my place :lol:

baghag, prolly cuz it's fake or damaged... most likely fake. i don't think its worth the trouble trying to find reasons to trust them. these are HOT bags! there's absolutely NO reason to sell them below retail!

It's not that low, and he problaby thinks it will make that in anyways.

He seems like he's taken the tekst from an other auction I've seen.hmm.

Always request additional pictures. If seller comes up with some stupid excuse that's a warning sign.

Something seems a bit dodgy, I dunno.

Thanks meowmix - if you really don't want your place then you can let me know. By the way how much it costs for the medium.

Those pics in the auction are real....I would definitely ask for more pics, though. I have the gold medium and am so glad I bought it. I got it from an ebay seller who sells lots of Chloe and Balenciaga. He sold it to me for what he paid :smile: for it. I have the cream python as well, but I know I'll be using the gold alot more this summer. Hope you can find one...mine was $2150, as it shows in the auction.

the retail for the medium is 1970 USD...although with tax it may be more

I just called Chloe NYC and the sa there told me the gold medium costs $1950 (not inclusive of sales tax)

pucci_mama, vintage_princess, baghag: thanks for sharing the joy!! :woot:

Baghag: Chloe NYC currently has the gold medium, black, green and rose in stock. But I don't think they ship overseas.

With regards to my brown bag, I didn't purchase it over the phone, but ordered it online at the luisaviaroma website.

However they are now facing an export quota on python so I will only get my brown silverado in June.

As for phone orders, the Chloe store in NYC will fax/email a form over to you where you have to fill in your particulars like credit card details plus attach a photocopy of the front and back of your credit card and fax it back to them.

Good luck, baghag, klow-chloe'...hope you'll get your bags soon!! :flower:

I really like the gold, considering getting that instead of the Fendi spy now.:heart:

:innocent:

handbagbabe said:
Those pics in the auction are real....I would definitely ask for more pics, though. I have the gold medium and am so glad I bought it. I got it from an ebay seller who sells lots of Chloe and Balenciaga. He sold it to me for what he paid :smile: for it. I have the cream python as well, but I know I'll be using the gold alot more this summer. Hope you can find one...mine was $2150, as it shows in the auction.

how would you compare the gold python on the silverado to the gold python on the spy? I've seen neither in person but the python on the spy looks nicer, less painted on gold shiny.

meeyowsa, there is a picture in this thread of how the gold silverado looks in natural light - post #158. Maybe that helps..as a reference

sugar kindly posted it last time when I was debating if I should get the gold silverado :flower:

pucci_mama said:
I really like the gold, considering getting that instead of the Fendi spy now.:heart:

Oh that's a really tough choice..I am facing that dilemma too.

The spy is lovely but I already have a brown silverado but I don't fancy getting the spy in the green nor white colours. The spy is beautiful in gold python but it's waaaaaa..yyyy out of my budget :cry:

But I am afraid the gold Silverado may be too "bling-bling" for me. I like it, I really love Chloe bags but I am afraid gold may be too flashy, plus I already have a brown silverado.

Decisions, decisions. :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
chiangsi1980 said:
meeyowsa, there is a picture in this thread of how the gold silverado looks in natural light - post #158. Maybe that helps..as a reference

sugar kindly posted it last time when I was debating if I should get the gold silverado :flower:

thanks! I'm actually getting one shipped to me (and I can return it if I don't like it) so I'll see in person whether it's too shiny.

Cool...let us know how it works out.

Pictures please! I also have some decision-making to do... :ninja:

Meeyowsa, I have not seen the gold python spy in person.....I ordered a $5000 bag without seeing it!! Oh well, NM is good about me returning anything I'm not perfectly happy with. I sure hope it's better than the cognac - what a disappointment that was - I never would have guessed from the pics till I saw it in person. And the only reason I saw it was because someone who'd ordered it declined to keep it.

As far as the gold on the silverado.....it IS gold, not dulled down and it is shiny. It's not "gold lame" shiny or jewelry-gold shiny, but it it shiny. The Ebay pics for the auction ending today and mentioned earlier in this thread are very accurate. I'm using it as a casual bag, however, because of it's size and styling. It most definitely is NOT a dressy bag....it's like when you wear a little bling top with jeans....same type of look. I bought some flat gold python thongs (also casual) to wear with it. I do have a small gold python for casual/dressy use, but I wouldn't even use that with an all out evening dress. I've got other bags for really dressy occasions.

Meeyowsa, when you see it, you won't want to part with it :smile: I love my cream python, but I love the gold even more, if that's possible.

handbagbabe said:
Meeyowsa, when you see it, you won't want to part with it :smile: I love my cream python, but I love the gold even more, if that's possible.

we are SO on the same wavelength -- I am obsessed with my cream paddington! I'm bummed that some ladies are disappointed with theirs, but I couldn't be happier with mine. I'll let you know what happens with the gold Silverado -- if I find it doesn't suit me, I would be happy to sell it at cost to any ladies out there who want it!

in the meantime, my green spy should arrive any minute. hope I'm not disappointed. you MUST post pics of the gold spy -- dying to see it (as I'm sure are you!)

chiangsi....thanks for the info! :flower: Will check it out! They will ship to other parts of US right? :P

meeyowsa...I'll be one of the potential desperado to get my hands on your Gold Medium Silverado should you decide to sell.... :woot: :blush:..(down on hands & knees... :rolleyes: )

pucci, meowmix, handbagbabe...thanks for the ebay feedback!! Yes, yes...isnt the gold just fantastic? Anywhere BUT London and Paris seem to stock the Medium... :blink:

This search for the Medium Gold is giving me stomach ulcers.... :doh: :lol:

i have tried calling everywhere and i think i'm am out of luck when it comes to getting a silverado.... r they still going to keep making silverados for fall

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->