Chloe 'Silverado' Bag

As far as the size goes, I tried both the large and medium brown python when I was in the Chloe Botique in NYC,and the large looked like more like an overnight bag! I'm only 5'2, so the proportions for the medium were much better for me, and it holds all of my stuff :-) I was used to a MJ Venetia, so I really do pack a lot into my bag. I was just at the Chloe store this week and saw a picture of a Silverado in beige with black tipping on the python that looked to be really nice for spring, but I also fell in love with the Paddington. (Sigh!!!) The leather on the inside of the bag does mark easily, but the marks can also be removed relatively easily by just rubbing with your thumb. The oils from your hands are enough to make the "scratches" disappear.

the large resembles an OVERNIGHT bag??!?! jeez, that sounds mighty large... like a duffel bag.

i have nothing to personally compare it to, because i have never seen or held these bags in person (although i so desperately wish i had!!), but i've spoken to several SAs (in Chloe NYC and Bergdorf's), and they all assure me that the large is not overwhelming for a small frame... (i am 5'2" as well)

one said that it was "a typical New Yorker bag", meaning that we usually carry our lives with us... she also said that the large is the more popular size, selling out the most and quickest (in New York, i'd assume). the Chloe SA also said that their "short" clients love the large bag, and are not afriaid/put-off by it.

that being said, i think it all boils down to personal preference... so i really wish i had seen them myself so i could compare and decide which one is better for me. :cry:

Orchidlady said:
The leather on the inside of the bag does mark easily, but the marks can also be removed relatively easily by just rubbing with your thumb. The oils from your hands are enough to make the "scratches" disappear.
are you talking about the Paddington leather here or the Silverado?

instyle, i think the SAs might just be saying thelarge is more popular and sellingquicker is cuz thel arge is the only brown they've got now...they sold out of the medium awhile ago

meowmix said:
instyle, i think the SAs might just be saying thelarge is more popular and sellingquicker is cuz thel arge is the only brown they've got now...they sold out of the medium awhile ago
i don't think they were talking about now, but months ago when it first came out... they said that more customers in NY were buying the large...

actually, i don't know of any store now that still has these python bags, in medium OR large... do you know of any store that still has the large??

i think if you are going to get one, it's best to go the whole way and get the same one as meowmix has. The bag looks best with that brown snakeskin. If you can actually find one, that is.

impossibleprincess said:
i think if you are going to get one, it's best to go the whole way and get the same one as meowmix has. The bag looks best with that brown snakeskin. If you can actually find one, that is.
ahh, yes of course, no one is questioning that... but the question is: Medium or Large??:unsure:

InStyle, I'm talking about the leather on the inside of the Silverado. There are two side pockets that are lined with leather at the top, and if you use those pockets, the leather will show marks, which are easily rubbed out. I've only seen pics of the Paddington :-) My best comparison for the large Silverado would be that it's like the MJ Stella (but not as deep) or the large Chanel "bowling bag." I have both, but I always thought they were a bit too large for everyday use. They're great for work, when I'm carrrying lunch, water, and enough electronic devices so that my boss can find me anywhere on the planet, as well as all of my makeup, wallet, checkbook, and you name it! The thing I like about the medium Silverado is that it holds all of my stuff, except maybe the water, because it really expands when you need it to do so. I really don't think you could go wrong with either size of this bag, but I'm in love with it, so I'm a bit biased :-)

Instyle & vintage_princess, a few months ago, when I was looking around for a Silverado that I liked, I realized that a lot of the stores (Bergdorf, Harvey Nicks, Neiman, even a few Chloe boutiques in Europe ) only received TWO sizes of the Silverado. Therefore for some stores, the medium (14 inches wide) IS the LARGE one. Not all the stores or boutiques carried the Large/17 inches wide bag. So when some boutiques say the Large is the most popular, they may not necessarily be referring to the 17 inch bag (or they may, very confusing!) Even among the SAs there is some confusion.

I have a magazine with a photo of a European princess carrying the large Silverado and there is definitely a slight difference in the size. Unfortunately my scanner is down.

Edited to clarify: Bergdorfs later on had all 3 sizes but at the beginning they only had the small and the medium which is why they used to refer to the medium as large.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Taitai! Im getting really confused myself about the sizes! I think the med size is jsut right for me then...17 inches sounds huge! (And probably a lot more expensive) :rolleyes:

Thats like the coolest bag ever! If i had the money I'd buy it- waiting for fake versions to come out.

Fashion101 said:
Thats like the coolest bag ever! If i had the money I'd buy it- waiting for fake versions to come out.
NO FAKES OF THIS PLEASE!!!! It's going to ruin the bag. NO NO NO NO:angry: :angry:

you don't HAVE to buy knockoffs... you can admire it from afar...

JMHO, but I'm not anticipating fakes anytime soon, since the Chloes are still pretty rarefied compared to other bags (and relatively expensive to reproduce, esp. the python). When I was at Chloe on Dec. 28th, they only had about 15 people on the waitlist for the Paddington, so it may not yet be profitable for knockoffs. Keeping fingers crossed :-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->