Christian Dior Cruise 2022 Athens

Did she copy the wet look or Dior hier the designer to create those looks?

Even though she added the bar jackets, which are quite questionable, the whole collection is so generic that you can easily find them in other brands. Comparing with this collection, I have to say that Karl's Cruise 2018 almost looked phenomenon given the bar of Dior is so low nowadays.

The swan dress?! Really? Of all things Marie Grace could pay an hommage to, was Marjan Pejosky at the top of her list? This feels like the lowest pit of an already low performance.

LOL, she has done a similar version at Valentino!

we could copy paste negative comments from her previous collections and no one would realize they weren’t written for this. she is so stagnant. I’m just so bored for her. Imagine going to the studio everyday for years to “create” the same thing over and over aaand over again.

MGC is so obsessed with Galliano. Here I feel like she tried to recreate his Dior FW01 with the tracksuits and the big sporty bags, and then she went straight for the wet look technique from Margiela Artisanal collection. The swan dress is a whole Greek tragedy on itself and some of the details feel irrelevant, like those "edgy" harnesses. There are looks that are okay, but then for one good look we get one bathrobe and one overdone Greek cliché.

I must say, her thinking process must be hilarious. For this collection it was like "Athens -> Olympic Games -> sneakers and ugly sportswear fabrics". Such a shame, because the production was brilliant.

Why do her clothes always look so ill-fitting on the models?

Like, some of those white dresses are supposed to be the basic cookie-cutter pretty dresses but they don't even look like they fit well. How can you f*ck that up?

The swan dress?! Really? Of all things Marie Grace could pay an hommage to, was Marjan Pejosky at the top of her list? This feels like the lowest pit of an already low performance.

Vogue just uploaded to their Instagram a picture of Marlene Dietrich in a Leda and The Swan costume that's allegedly the inspiration for the dress in this show. I sort of believe it because of the open wings.

Marjan Pejosky I believe "interpreted" an almost identical black swan dress that Alexander McQueen had done for Givenchy Haute Couture F/W 1997.98. I strongly suspect Björk just asked for a reproduction of that one, McQueen being such a favorite of hers.

With that cleared up...all I've got to say is: I couldn't scroll fast enough through yet another sleep inducing mess from this woman. If I get the Dior Catwalk book I'm so ripping out her collections. She doesn't deserve a place there.

Vogue just uploaded to their Instagram a picture of Marlene Dietrich in a Leda and The Swan costume that's allegedly the inspiration for the dress in this show. I sort of believe it because of the open wings.

That might be true, but my feeling is that the Pejosky's version stuck in the collective memory more than the originals. Pretty much like the late Joan Rivers would have said: that chicken dress I can't get over with.

I strongly suspect Björk just asked for a reproduction of that one, McQueen being such a favorite of hers.

That would not make much sense, by the time she wore that horrid Pejosky rip off, she had already worn McQueen for the cover of Homegenic and would soon later wear him for the Vespertine tour...why not commission the original instead of getting a copy from a third rate designer?

How did the audience even get to see these clothes?!?

The seating was SO far from the track you'd almost need night vision binoculars to get a glimpse. But seriously if any of the audience members are familiar with MCG's work by now they know it would be a waste of time trying to see everything close up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
limonjuices
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->