Christian Dior Cruise 2025 Perthshire

Cliches’R’Us
I mean we weren’t expecting anything different, were we? Tartans? Check. Waders? Check Barbours? Check. Argyles? Check. Bagpipes? Tweeds? Fair maidens of lore? Check. Check. Check! A whole lotta checks, pun intended.

(Stella Tennant on mood board? I’d say most probably.)

But I really didn’t mind what Mamma G was serving up from her creative kitchen this time. The passata had the right amount of seasoning. The whole affair came off as celebratory to me rather than pastiche.

Sure one could see shades of Simone Rocha, Sarah Burton,Alexander McQueen, Viv Westwood, et al but that’s going to be nigh impossible with this theme.

The thin strapped black velvet column with the gently protruding peplum and portrait neckline towards the end? STUN.

I knew this would be a tartan nightmare and she truly delivers 😂

she can skip them and show the rest. The collection would still look ok and actually interesting for her standards. Styling is god awful. I wonder if we give this concept to Burton, how would it turn out

Believe it or not, it's one of the least boring collections I've seen from her in a while ! But these fashion houses are getting so annoying. They put out so many sub par collections in such a short span these days. They need to calm down.

First read the location as Perth and was wondering why the hell would a Dior show be in Western Australia... And how did I not know about it.

Her use of Tartan and Argyle is really depressing. The rest is fine. Pretty nondescript and some of the later pieces actually look like Sacai knock offs/attempts. Her design repertoire and references are always one note and obvious, but that is also her clientele so t*t for tat. Nothing much else to add. She's there, she sells, and from what I've seen, still over zealous with her eyeliner/shadow combo.

Maria Grazia is here to collect her LVMH pay check and that is all. Just like the rest of her team. Nobody there is passionate about the Dior legacy or history and it’s clear.

They basically did a Maria Grazia Chiuri collection with some vague Dior branding thrown in, but did little (if any) research on how to combine the legacy of Dior and the history of Scotland.

What I don't understand is how nobody in the team thought to maybe tone down the Sarah-Burton-McQueen vibe? I mean the styling, down to the braids and the dresses worn with combat boots, was a carbon copy of Burton's aesthetic. Confused as to why they didn't go in a different direction with this show?

Almost 90 looks, y'all. You can't tell me there was no way to edit this down any further and make it at least seem more directional. And again with this ennnnndless runway, such a bore to watch. And I hate these long a$s finales where the models are spaced so far apart that it's basically just another full show-run instead of a finale. Why can't runway choreographers understand that this is not the T, ugh...

Honestly, though...the biggest crime here is that this show exists in the first place. They showed in NY not 6 weeks ago, in Paris roughly 6 weeks before that and they have another one coming up in barely 3 weeks for couture. This is insane. The stress it puts on all who are involved must be through the roof. And the nerve to fly the full fashion press all over the world time and time again is quite arrogant on all fronts.

And from a brand perspective, churning out so many shows in such a small time frame can hardly have a positive effect on brand heat. At some point, consumers (of product but also of media) grow numb and cease to be impressed. It all just amalgamates into a forgettable blob of shows, lacking novelty or a sense of awe throughout. I mean, who remembers where and what they showed for last year's resort collection?

"BOSSY, FIERCE, EMOTIONAL, HYSTERICAL, DIFFICULT, FEISTY, NAG, MOODY" ... Is she too dumb to realize that "nag" is a noun [and verb] so it doesn't fit in a list of adjectives? Or that "feisty" is in no way an insult or criticism? (In fact, "DUMB" would have been a better example of a sexist cliché, but that would be an irony too much, I imagine.)

I wonder how many women will buy that with some poor husband's money.

What I don't understand is how nobody in the team thought to maybe tone down the Sarah-Burton-McQueen vibe?

they were probably being directed to do exactly that vibe. its the soul-less, less talented, but more famous sister of burton. I wonder if they are looking into hiring burton for dior or mary grace is really blanking now on the creative deparment.

This collection is as drab as the average Scottish people fashion sense, it’s like I’ve been suddenly transported to Buchanan street on a Thursday morning so I guess Maria Grazia was true to her theme.

Hate everything. Love the big Scotland map blanket, I want it so I can hang on my living room wall for Burns Night.

I don’t think any designer was ever able to design a Scotland themed collection that hasn’t turned out costumey or phoney looking.

I some how managed to watch the show. And please people who haven't seen it yet don't watch it. Complete snooze fest. Really.
But it's good for falling aseep tho

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MicheleO
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->