Christian Dior F/W 2023.24 Paris

I guess it's ok. it's wearable. don't hate it. But really the runway set design is more alive and vivid than her clothes design.

Her collections are consistent in their mediocrity but I must admit that her clothes looks good irl, on « real women » with personal style. It’s a pity that she doesn’t find a way to make it more appealing, charming on the runway.
I think that with a different type of casts, different styling and presentation, her work would looks more elevated.

Choices, choices…

Her collections are consistent in their mediocrity but I must admit that her clothes looks good irl, on « real women » with personal style. It’s a pity that she doesn’t find a way to make it more appealing, charming on the runway.
I think that with a different type of casts, different styling and presentation, her work would looks more elevated.

Choices, choices…
I think the problem with the cast is that they are always so juvenile looking. I would love to see them invest in a cast of older supers they would elevate the clothes even with those ugly prints lol

I think the problem with the cast is that they are always so juvenile looking. I would love to see them invest in a cast of older supers they would elevate the clothes even with those ugly prints lol
Yeah!!!! There are some nice pieces there. I am personally pretty minimalist and keen on black clothes (i only wear black and sometimes a bit of white sprinkled in). and I definitely loved some of it but while watching the show i kept thinking 1) too many looks oh god when will this end 2) this show could really benefit from some older looking models with far more charisma and presence bc that kind of clothes isn't for teens and a lot of those models either are super young or look super young. Quite dull to be honest.

all I see is a badly proportioned reinterpretation of Prada spring 2009
00040fullscreen.jpg
00220fullscreen.jpg

VOGUE.COM

I like the set and the soundtrack. The collection is predictable, I was expected something like this so, can't disappoint when you already know what you going to get.

I wish she would stop with the parade of 90+ looks, since she only uses like 8 different silhouettes that she consistently sent out during her tenure, it feels like a chore watching her show.
I think she did a good job updating the 50s, this collection is very 50s but still very current and commercial. But overall I still prefer the 50s collection of Marc's LV.
She used Catherine Dior and Edith Piaf as inspirations, in a way I can see them wearing these clothes. It's a very conservative collection. But I just can't with that lyric t-shirt. Can she get any more literal?
She needs to work with a new stylist because Elin Svahn is not helping elevated these clothes at all. She needs to work with Karl Templer again.

Overall, whatever. LVMH is about to have another record year

I actually think this is really cool if you're in the 62-72 age group. Not joking here.

This though.. she lacks the sense of humor to do the long skirt trend ironically so I'm sure it's a 'serious' look and that's got to be the fugliest look I've seen in any show this season. Not even Gabriela Hearst who's eternally traumatized by her own legs. Just looking at it is depressing, like something you'd wear when you gave up on life several years ago and hate yourself for whatever reason, and have been at the same 9-5 for 22 years. In a way, she conveyed a lot in one simple, horrendous look.

I like the set and the soundtrack. The collection is predictable, I was expected something like this so, can't disappoint when you already know what you going to get.

I wish she would stop with the parade of 90+ looks, since she only uses like 8 different silhouettes that she consistently sent out during her tenure, it feels like a chore watching her show.
I think she did a good job updating the 50s, this collection is very 50s but still very current and commercial. But overall I still prefer the 50s collection of Marc's LV.
She used Catherine Dior and Edith Piaf as inspirations, in a way I can see them wearing these clothes. It's a very conservative collection. But I just can't with that lyric t-shirt. Can she get any more literal?
She needs to work with a new stylist because Elin Svahn is not helping elevated these clothes at all. She needs to work with Karl Templer again.

Overall, whatever. LVMH is about to have another record year

Definitely another "whatever" collection by MGC = an excuse to release books totes in another fabrics or finishes. I am choosing to ignore it exists.

did I just see a plain denim jacket? :blink::doh:

that Prada collection was the first thing that came to mind @ReneSanchez as well but obviously anywhere near as good.

also, all that nylon and that styling??

guess I cannot say I’m disappointed as I wasn’t expecting anything too good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->