Christian Dior Haute Couture S/S 2024 Paris

It's a decent offering if you are a client but I don't understand the poor execution of some of the garments. Maria is a experienced designer and has no problem designing a beautifully cut/draped dress or suit and yet and in every collection there is a look or two where something clearly went wrong. The yellow dress on black model is a perfect example. The draping is so sloppy, how did it pass the quality chceck?

Pls do Gimmicks MGC, at least it's interesting. Soulless and mediocre creations from season to season at disgusting prices tag. Those fellas at Dior have gone insane.

Well i manifest for MGC to leave Dior every morning I wake up, starting from today. Everyone please participate in this activity ! Apes together strong

i see some looks where she tried something and giving soulless mcqueen/galliano.. that yellow dress specially but the fit is so wrong. she needs to stop with these valentino era long sleeve acolyte dresses.

It’s a non event…
The cast is terrible as always…
I don’t get that thing of going halfway Dior.
The Bar is not really Bar, the waist is not defined, the skirts are not really full, the supposed to be sensual dresses looks like a sack…

She is better than Virginie in dressmaking but I’m tired of her Dior.

#bringbackjohn
Oh non! Never!

Bring Sarah Burton!

I think people forget about the reality of the last few seasons John had at Dior. He had nothing left to say.

Anyways, it’s nice. Very boring. So much so that they had to bring in Rihanna.

I think they would be scared to bring in someone new when her formula is still working

I think people forget about the reality of the last few seasons John had at Dior. He had nothing left to say.

Anyways, it’s nice. Very boring. So much so that they had to bring in Rihanna.

I think they would be scared to bring in someone new when her formula is still working
I think any designer better than MGC could bring similar results to Dior's sales or even better. For MGC's mediocre vision, there are countless other bright candidates who can do it, or even surpass it. Dior is just playing it safe imo

Last edited:
I actually found this quite exquisite. The opening group of outfits appear to be made from gabardine, but look quite light. The silk shantung suits with stitching under the bra line are sensational.

I think any designer better than MGC could bring similar results to Dior's sales or even better. For MGC's mediocre vision, there are countless other bright candidates who can do it, or even surpass it. Dior is just playing it safe imo
In all fairness, some would say that Raf Simons is a better designer (even if MGC is a better technician). She is doing well…
Obviously her strategy of making Dior more relatable is working and connecting with women and with the majority of Dior’s clientele.
Dior is after all at heart, a very type of conservative dressing.

I think what we want here and what fashion people wants is that extra dose of dream, that fashion forward vision! That things, other than comfort, that makes you want to go to the boutique or watch the show.

I can admit that despite having some Dior pieces in my wardrobe, I have never been a Dior person ever. I don’t own MGC’s stuff but when I look at people wearing their clothes irl, it does look good..

this collection deserved a top models casting which was not the case here. But it was really beautiful clothes and some new propositions. The fit could improve a lot and the final look was weak.
First time in ages I like a Dior haute-couture show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zendayacomz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->