Christian Dior S/S 11 Paris

Wow, I don't even know where to begin. I don't know if I should begin.
I've seen houses turn commercial, but this is something else. This is shameful and I feel very embarrassed for Galliano.

Are there HQs of the shoes? If so, can someone post them? I don't know where to find them and I don't know how to post HQs. :smile:

I liked some of the looks that mimicked the recent haute couture silhouettes or textures. Though his fall collection this year was a lot more appealing and romantic. The spring looks (for the past 2 years or so) have been repetitive as far as looks (other than the haute couture inspired looks)....

Save the shoes, this looks really cheap and kitschy it's not even funny. His last two RTW collections, as well as Resort, had at least some shade of elegance in them. This is just trying way too hard to appear quirky.

Collection as whole and considering the background: awful
Collection as separates and commercially: Lovely.

I like it. But i don't love it. It's okay. Shoes are great. Dresses are great. But that's about it.

I was really excited for this show after John Galliano's amazing couture collection,,,:(

I like the colour palette, but the collection is kinda.....meh!

Love the shoes though!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I don't even know where to begin. I don't know if I should begin.
I've seen houses turn commercial, but this is something else. This is shameful and I feel very embarrassed for Galliano.

Do not blame Galliano, blame LVMH, at the end he has to follow orders and its clear Dior needs to make some money.

The shoes are amazing!!

I'm sad to admit it, but I don't like it and I'm disappointed:(. The makeup is awful, some of the hairstyles too. There are some pieces which brighten up this collection for me though- for example the dresses, but that's all.

Maybe if it's not Dior some of us would like it, but this way we all expect so much from Galliano. I find the collection really ok, but i miss the gone wild Galliano shows!

I like it but I`m not crazy about it like I was on his past collections. There`s something that`s missing in this collection and I don`t know what it is. Galliano could`ve done really better on this collection. Loved and adored some pieces but that`s about it. I was hoping that this collection would be a fantastic follow-up to his breath-taking F/W '10 Couture Show but it wasn`t.

i tried to stay out of this thread after the collection showed
up but I couldnt...what and amazing couture and F/W collection he
had and it went to this?! i mean sure the dress JAC had on was constructed
beautifully, but where was the excitement? and sure the clothese probably will look
cheaper in person...ohhh John please dont dissappoint when your namesake line shows

I didn't find the collection that terrible:ninja:

Yes it's a bit tacky and the Hawaiian prints and makeup didn't help.

It had some nice accessories, and dresses. I liked the make up and hair, I always like this make up an hair, but I want to see more and something different.

cheap-looking fabrics + tacky patterns + quality handwork = i really don´t know what to say about this. maybe, it change it off the runway - when real people begin to wear this collection. but here i don´t like it. still more dissappointed by Dior season after season

i find it tacky and cheap looking. which makes me really sad to say, becuase i always look foward to dior. maybe its time to bring in some fresh blood? as much as i love galliano it seems lately like he's as bored of the collections as we are.

more of the same old-new stuff ... *sigh*

I had hopes after the couture show but they have vanished. At least the show under his own name was better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"