Christian Dior S/S 11 Paris

well it'll take me a bit of time to decide if I like it or not...but for now, i'll just say it's not amazing but it's not dreadful either.

honestly, i don't know what people expect. this stands out as some of the best fusion of the "old exciting dior" and the "new boring dior." and, i must say, the styling of these clothes really make the difference. for those who have watched the evolution of dior over the last decade would recognize these silhouettes from collections past, but the news in this collection came much like it did at the house of fendi: all of those magnificent accessories. unlike the house of fendi though, the clothes -- which have been there for several seasons now -- gave a winking nod to the history we remember from john galliano's earlier tenure. they're sheer, they're short, they're flirty, they're capricious. but the shoes and bags recall the joys we once had when "it bags" were it.

it's nice to see fendi and dior re-take their rightful place in the fashion firmament.

00510m.jpg

style.com

First of all, like the most of you, I have this high expectation for Dior after their vibrant luscious Haute Couture Fall/Winter show with its floral theme. This time, John Galliano decide to bring the flower to tropical scene and blend it with retro sailor-o-rama things.
Opened by the prominent First Face Karlie Kloss in Hawaii dress, white sailor coat, sailor hat, loose socks on buckle heels, troupe of models with their Notorious Bettie Page hair strut the runway on sultry sailor outfits in Galliano’s favorite games, silks and ruffles. The collection was closed by numbers of sheer tropical gowns. Overall, it was hit and miss show, it’s not quite memorable and feel more Cruise collection actually, but nevertheless I love the color scheme and ultimately the shoes.
In the end of the day, Dior still got the vibrant colors of Couture collection but somehow lose the sparks.

i never blame Galliano because whatever he does is because of LVMH and mr Arnaud. i'm positive they tell him the way to go and he has no choice but to follow the directions.

I still think it s a fun collection and only Galliano can get away with it since he s such a genius and that s been proved through and through. and if you look at the pieces separately they re not that bad and very wearable which is always a good thing

Christian Dior - S/S 2011 - Full Show in High Quality (My account was deleted, and i send again)

It's good, not great. I wonder when he'll change direction and deliver something a bit different .. the last several seaons seem to be just one huge collection, more or less the same inspiration, the same look

I still do not understand this collection whatsoever. I was really hoping the campaign would make me change my mind, but most of this is still some tacky floral print mess that I could find in my local thrift store. this just does not feel very luxurious. I wish the collection could have deconstructed the hawaiian print into something different, kind of like how Miuccia did for Prada this season with the stripes (which I initially didn't like, but have grown to appreciate).

even seeing the collection from the campaign feels like some sort of joke with the word Dior stamped over it.
(which is probably the reason people will still be going out to buy this)

I never liked this collection. It was way too commercial. It would be perfect for resort, not the modern version of resort but the old resort with clothing actually made for vacationing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->