• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Confessions of a Shopaholic Movie

O M F G :doh: That's not even how I picture the "real" bridesmaid dress Danny designs her in the third book.

It looks like they have put books 1-3 together as well as making it American.

Look at the poster it says Suze is getting married to Tarquin but they both don't have a last name :lol:.

Found this on the Dail Mail (with more wedding pics) -

Isla has the lead role in the adaptation of Sophie Kinsella's novel series about a compulsive shopper in serious debt who becomes a financial advice columnist.

She said recently: "I loved those books. I'm such a Sophie Kinsella fan. She's such a talented writer, and it taps into the consumer collective conscience."

"I've done a lot of research — a lot of shopping."

She stars as Becky Bloomwood, a sweet and charming New York City girl who is hopelessly addicted to shopping and drowning in a sea of debt.

Rebecca has dreams of working for a top fashion magazine - but while struggling to get her foot in the door, she bags a job as an advice columnist for a new financial magazine published by the same company.

Her column becomes hugely popular, turning her into an overnight celebrity. But her compulsive shopping and growing debt issues threaten to destroy her love life and derail her career.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...ews.html?in_article_id=530291&in_page_id=1773

If Isla was such a huge fan of the series then why did she agreed to be in this dribble.

I know that people might be sick of me going on and on about how wrong this is but I LOVE this series so much that I just believe it is going to be ruined.

This is ridiculous

Does anyone remember the Denny & George scarf? When I think about that, I picture someone with classic, chic style and Becky would not have been seen dead in these ensembles, the bags are label over-load, and the outfits are so poorly put together

ONTD

Lacroix your killing me with these pics :lol:

Becky Bloomwood would NEVER were a puff jacket. And those gloves look like she should wear them to do the dishes.

I remember the Denny & George scarf. It was a light blue wasn't it. I always pictured it long and soft not like a heavy wool scarf. I wonder if it's even mentioned in the movie.

I'm hating the Vuitton and the Gucci. Becky's bags were mentioned once or twice as Mulberry in the book.

I'm starting to think that Pat Field isn't the costume designer because it's starting to not look like her work.

I am speechless. That's like a Paris Hilton outfit! I imagined Becky to have a really classic, effortless chic style. This is just nasty. I hate it. That's all I can say.

a person with even a smidgen of fashion sense would know these outfits should never be worn out in public ! They're making Becky look like such a ....fool....

eternitygoddess; said:
^maybe she's suppose to be a fashion victim

Are you saying that she's suppose to be a fashion victim in this non-faithfull Americanized movie version of Books 1-3?

If so you maybe onto something.

maybe she`s a bad shopaholic?
I`ve never read the series, but all my friends say the books are great.
Sometimes I think movies over exaggerate fashion

Are you saying that she's suppose to be a fashion victim in this non-faithfull Americanized movie version of Books 1-3?

If so you maybe onto something.

yes. That's the logical assumption I can make after seeing all these horrible outfits. Pat Field does have an eye, so I think she's purposefully doing this.

oh my gosh!!!! they totally ruin the whole shopaholic series! i dont see the protagonist as a new yorker. oh my. I totally love the book and it is like my fave book/series of all time...

what is this? a sex and the city movie 2? The storyline is very far from SATC ( SATC = which I also love!)

Though, I will still check this movie when it is out. when will be Shopaholic be out?

Honestly it looks bad, i loved all the books and seriously never imagined anything to look like this, but perhaps the movie will be good.^_^

i LOVE the books and this is totally ruined it!!!!

she's spoiling my becky, everything spoiling my becky!!!
the casting, the location, the WARDROBE....
can't believe it! it's like trying to make a carrie out of becky but it's terrible!!!

and i love joan cusack as an actress, but she looks TOOOO young for becky's mom and she's just not the right character. i imagine someone like bette middler.

and i imagine someone like emily watson as becky and luke wilson as luke

Last edited by a moderator:
becky is stylish and this pics are trash!!!!
i refuse to let some movie destroy my fav shopaholic!!!

:shock: :ninja: the boots in the last pictures are discusting.
don't like the Louis Vuitton graffiti bag in the previous pics either

OMG they are not Jane and Graham Bloomwood. They look like country bumpkins.

And Joan is not old enough to play the mother of a 25 year old.

My friends and I have been discussing the fashions and agree they have got it so wrong. Becky is on-trend but not over the top trendy. She is not Carrie Bradshaw.

I can't believe Sophie agreed to this mess.

And Becky Bloomwood would NEVER carry Louis Vuitton.

OK, I agree that they have completely ruined the novel...I have no interest in seeing this film, however........

Becky goes shopping with Luke to Vuitton to pick out luggage (that ends up being a gift for this girlfriend) and she goes on and on about how beautiful the different pieces of luggage are, so I don't know....maybe she would wear Vuitton. Also, while visiting Manhattan, she buys a Kate Spade bag.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicochanvinlabeill
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->