CR Fashion Book #13 F/W 2018.19 : Halima Aden & Gigi Hadid by Pieter Hugo

Completely ignorant, unnecessary, and rude.

No, it’s not ignorant, unnecessary and rude.

Just like any article of religious signifier that is exploited in the media, whether by conservative or liberal motives, the public has a right to criticize it— even if it may come off as crude and rude, and absolutely unPC. Some passionately do not tolerate any religious symbols as a statement of any kind— especially on the cover of a HF publication. For many, HF has been an escape from and challenge of such oppressive religious beliefs that these articles signify. Carine is making an statement with the headscarf as a cover. And the public have every right to criticize it and the oppressive values and beliefs it stands for.

Anyway, the inclusion of “Fashion Book” at this time of her magazine, seems like an admission of defeat: It’s like that damn painting at a gallery that’s been finally discounted, after not selling for so long. And fittingly, this magazine looks like a discount version of its former self.

Is she going to give any any of the proceeds to charity or she's just wants us to do it? i do not think that's very clear.
Regardless both covers are trash, and i still haven't decided if Unicef shirts as a fashion commodity is helping the cause or simply beyond the pale.

I am so tired of Carine Roitfeld and everything related to her. I used to admire her so much but when I started working in the industry I realised how dull, annoying, uninspiring she is. This magazine is unnecessary. I really prefer Love than CR.

Is she going to give any any of the proceeds to charity or she's just wants us to do it? i do not think that's very clear.
Yeah, I'm confused as well. It does put Gigi's Bangladesh trip in a whole different light.. like 'oooh I see, so it was promo for the upcoming cover...".

Halima Aden is exceptionally beautiful, but she has ZERO range,
and I'm so sick of seeing that stupid rag on her head. She is never gonna happen.
Yes, Halima is really beautiful but she is not a model...Just another pretty girl Carine discovered and who happen to model...
But i like the idea of having a girl like Halima from a stylistic point of view as it forces Carine to play with different ways to cover her head like on this cover.

But while i like to see everybody represented, i wonder if Halima actually make an impact in a muslim world. Yes, in the west, we have that feeling but for a lot of people, being a model is totally imcompatible with muslim conventions...Even more when the person is having a visible sign indicative of her religion.

And the Unicef thing feels like a gimmick. It's treated in such a superficial way...Like a cool T-shirt à la DHL/Vetements.
The fact that it's worn with that Calvin Klein piece is even more cringy...

Deeply disappointing and embarrassing for CR Fashion Book, all I can say.

Kim Kardashian -naked- by Steven Klein is more interesting than those terrible covers.

But i like the idea of having a girl like Halima from a stylistic point of view as it forces Carine to play with different ways to cover her head like on this cover.

By cutting of the hoodie part of a onesie and using that to cover her head instead? Would hardly call that creative.
CR Fashion Book's covers always makes it so hard for me to root for Carine. I want her to succeed so much considering the amount of creative freedom, resources and opportunities she's got, but she very rarely lives up to it. Anyway, the content is normally good, so will wait for that.

The Dsection CEO's meltdown is so tacky, and in Stefano Gabbana level of tacky. She didn't wanted to be part of your miserable little rag because it's trashy. Just do us all a favour and focus on your next M&M wankfest instead, which will once again be another nonevent.

Absolutely awful.
Why doesn't she just shut this useless magazine down??
People here constantly complain about how terrible LOVE magazine is,
but CR Fashion Book is even worse tbh.
Halima Aden is exceptionally beautiful, but she has ZERO range,
and I'm so sick of seeing that stupid rag on her head. She is never gonna happen.
Gigi Hadid always looks dead on arrival.
DHL has better art direction on their mailers.

this is a stupis coment

I received my issue and is not too bad... The CR Men's is better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->