CR Fashion Book #7 : Lady Gaga by Bruce Weber

Wow I can't believe how people are reacting to this, I'll take Gaga over the kardashians, Beyoncé, even Kate Upton ANYDAY!

Gaga is a true fashion icon, and the choice of having her makes perfect sense especially when she will be premiering on the new season of AHS.

I doubt I'll still get this magazine since I've never found CR fascinating and the editorials are all so try-hard wannabe, hopefully Gaga can spice things up for the magazine.

It's not a bad cover. It's just dull, and uninspired.
The Bruce Weber treatment just doesn't work for Gaga.
A truly inspired choice, would have been someone like Traji P. Henson for the cover.

I'm not a Gaga stan at all, but her well calculated image reinvention, since her last flop album, and tour, has been brilliant. A Positively received duets album, with the legendary Tony Bennett, a wonderful Oscar performance, and highly anticipated role on American Horror Story. Well played.

If she gets great reviews, and the audience tunes in, then perhaps Carinne was prescient. Otherwise she jumped the shark, again.

Why would a celebrity want to be on the cover of this irrelevant magazine, that's the question.

This is a bit unusual Weber but I will still take it over any Kardashian/Jenner member or even Rita Ora. And giving the fact that she’s promoting AHS and she’s been on a roll this year from the Oscars, the tour with Tony Bennett and Euro games ceremony. She is still relevant and has a talent in her pockets.

this woman had her time now she's just a gimmick

i hate this magazine

Honestly I have a totally different recollection of how things were even when she first burst on the scene, at least as it pertains to this forum. Her first V cover for Fall 2009 was snottily remarked upon by plenty of people who were just sooooo over her and questioning her relevance, calling her a flash in the pan or whatever, even in spite of the fact that she'd only recently come to be famous. So it's kind hard not to involuntarily roll my eyes when the subject has changed so much more than the half-***ed criticisms of her have. :lol:

I remember the same, she's been irrelevant to tfs members ever since her first appearance.:rolleyes:

Why she's here? American Horror Story, duh.

The first cover is beautiful. Love or Hate her, she sells magazines very well. People on here seem to forget that magazines need to sell in order to survive.

One Size Fits All
Photographer:
Pamela Hanson
Stylist: Carine Roitfeld
Models: Kitty Hayes & Candice Huffine
Make-Up: Tom Pecheux
Hair: Olivier Schawalder

crfashionbook.com

Kid Royalty
Photographer:
Bruce Weber
Stylist: Carine Roitfeld
Models: Kaia & Presley Gerber
Make-Up: Fulvia Farolfi
Hair: Akki

crfashionbook.com

Love One Size Fits All! Kid Royalty is pretty anticlimactic, was hoping for something more from Bruce Weber.

God, that girl is beautiful but the styling is hideous. Animal print, ripped jeans, sweater, pink dress and Fendi fur boots :judge:

I really have mixed feelings about CR FASHION BOOK. I wonder if the mag will last after it 10th issue.

Carine has produced some of her fresher, experimental & innovative work in this publication but this magazine is just too much of her. You can't styled 99% of a magazine and expect it to be great.

She should also give an opportunity to new stylist and really concentrate on 2 or 3 eds.
I really don't understand the Gaga & Gerber eds. The photos are good because of Weber but the styling is weird.

One size fits all feels very low budget. The execution is not the best.

It looks like I'll pass on CR fashion book yet again. The plus sized girl in 'One size fits all' shouldve given more diverse poses. All those wide-legged/hands on the hips poses are very overrated and looks monotonous. It highlights her shape, which I imagine was the intent, but must it be so literal? Anyway, apparently this magazine is the only American Sept title (if I can call it that) featuring a plus-sized girl, which is very odd. The Gerber story is your typical Weber feature, only messier. She really went ott here. I mean, pairing that hyperfeminine Prada dress with a black top? The very definition of overstyling. Jesus, get a grip Carine!

^^I actually think that's a pretty great studio editorial. Great models, fantastic posing, clever styling, interesting camera angles...

Kris Jenner and Courtney Love don't bother me, it's just that they seem disconnected from the editorial...had they each has at least one more shot throughout the story, they would feel more integrated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magfag
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->