CR Fashion Book #9 : Rihanna by Terry Richardson

So are the first three shots in this thead even real covers? They always confuse me by slapping the logo on every image they release! If I cannot get Fernanda's glitter cover, then I won't have any. I'm positively fed up with being inundated by Rihanna, she's everywhere. That Vogue MET Gala documentary exposed her to be vulgarly greedy! It pains me that her peers get so much flak for being overexposed, egotistical, and whatnot, but she gets away with it time after time just because her endeavours look somewhat edgy. And the inclusion of Terry Richardson makes it more worse, so it's a hard pass for me!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Marie Antoinette feature looks like something to anticipate, especially the shot with the red Balenciaga leather boots! It's actually weird that fashion doesn't fixate on her legacy that much.

It is quite similar to the Roitfeld/Richardson cover for V in 2012.
THe previews looks good...It has the potential to be her most achieved issue.

I can't find those previews on the website, only 2 appear for me... who shot guinevere's photo?

Marih Bajan Toi Nette

Model: Rihanna
Photographer by Terry Richardson
Styled by Carine Roitfeld
Make-up by Stephane Marais
Hair by Yusef Williams
Manicure by Jenny Longworth

crfashionbook

And some previews on MCB and Lara's instagram

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks zzzyao76.

They had Rihanna, the ultimate lady with an attitude, and this taking-pics-with-my-iPhone- in-the-changingroom is the result...????

I'd prefer selfies over this anyday.

Feels like without inspiration and I can't stand Terry.

It's the diet Coke version of Marie Antionette. Sofia Coppola did it better.

Wow, do not like a single image.

I cannot stand Rihanna so i always have low expectations for her, but come on, this is simply terrible. Plus, I thought we were over Terry, not just for the obvious reasons, but because his style of photos by being so prevalent at a certain period looks fantastically dated. I see Carine is still scrapping the barrel.

VANITY HAIR
PHOTOGRAPHER: BJORN IOOSS
MODEL: GUINEVERE VAN SEENUS
STYLING: CARINE ROITFELD
HAIR: JULIEN D’YS
MAKE-UP: KABUKI
NAILS: MEI KAWAJIRI

visualizing.fashion

Maria and Guinevere's ed are stunning!! I'm very disappointed Rihanna's ed though there's nothing really special.

I'm not normally fond of Mariacarla's work, but this is exceptionally good. Every shot is so intriguing. Guinevere's feature as well. Any of these two features should've been the cover instead of Rihanna's. Carine may have dissapointed with the cover edit styling, but she more than makes up for it with these two stories. Perfectly captured the excess and gaudiness.

And yet again what impresses me most about CR Fashion Book is that they're continuously promoting rare photographers!

Will have to scrape my pounds together to get this despite the cover subject!

I think it´s a disservice to Guinevere & Mariacarla that they didn´t get covers. With the exception of Sorrenti´s, the other ones have nothing on these editorials imo.

MariaCarla's ed is one of the best I've seen from her this year. Amazing!

Rihanna trumps everyone apparently, koko... She can be sitting on a toilet and they'll make that a cover: Haven't you seen the Absolutely Fashion doc...?

MariaCarla's edit is transcendent. I'll gladly admit to being selfish to keeping her strictly high fashion rather than be a household name and have her image dumbed down for the masses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnakePlissken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->