Creepers

I love the ones Jil Sander did for fall 08, and i quite like what Chloe Sevigny did with OC for fall 09. And then these...

these are divine...

http://www.colette.fr/#/eshop/article/91083/junya-watanabe-comme-des-garcons/89/
Agreed I love all of those. ^_^

I've always been on the fence about the 'classic' creeper style. I think I sort of like them :unsure: Though the ones with a high platform would be perfect concerts shoes for me as I'm actually looking for a pair of platforms that I'm able to jump around in. And so far old 90's Buffalos have been my best bet :ninja: :rofl:
The 'classic' creepers with the high platform just took the lead :innocent:

Anyway, I do really love the pointy ones. And I've been thinking about getting a pair from 'Underground'. I like this model (and color)
IMG_6137.jpg

anywho.dk

they didn't look too bad at MaxMara but definitely not my thing.

Are these shoes from Prada considered creepers?

175777_980.jpg

I actually hated this trend the first time around and hate it now...

caroline's mode.

My opinion hasn't changed, they were awful back in the day and they are still awful..

I looked a couple pages ago and can't find one attractive pair. They are all so unflattering and look like orthopedic footwear. Why do people do that to themselves??? :yuk:

I reeeeeeeallly don't get these. I see a few people I know wearing them, the indie ones who pretend they're not indie :lol: ...
I just don't see why??

the prada shoes are not creepers, i'd say. the creeper is a traditional shape worn in the 50's and 60's by the teddyboys. prada's are classic luxurious mens shoes (derbys or brogues? - i am not an expert) with different sole fabrics glued together. creepers are not luxurious, they were made out of egyptian military boots. comme des garcons did similar shoes like this seasons prada shoes in the 90's, bit cooler actually.

btw i'd like to know if is there a manufactorer, who makes similar platform shoes like the prada or cdg ones originally?

Last edited by a moderator:
Love them! I think i remember some bad *** sonia rykiel ones from a few years ago. Ive been in love with them ever since. (and just the name makes me want to wear them :lol: creepers... :smile:)

I like creepers, but then I like tough-looking 'classic' shoes generally. Sure they're a bit 'ugly', but that doesn't really bother me, I like clunky shoes.

The Prada SS11 shoes aren't creepers, they look closer to an espadrille crossed with a regular brogue or oxford. (for the record, I hate them)

Creepers are a perfect example of something that I have never wanted to wear, but I like seeing other people wear them.

They are very scene-specific, to my mind; it will be interesting to see if they can be "re-branded."
Exactly how I feel. I find it interesting to see women wearing them but I fear they'd be too clunky on me. I always think of Lurch from The Addams Family and Frankenstein when I see them. That's not necessarily a bad thing

Nasty creatures.
:lol:

I love fashion's take on creepers, Burberry's take were killer. I got a classic, pointy toed pair a few months ago with a monk strap and I can't stop wearing them... like I just feel so powerful (or something :blush:) in them. They indulge my fantasy of owning a pair as a young angsty teenager, but I never felt hardcore enough to wear them then. Styled right, they're just perfect with pretty much everything! At the same time, I can't imagine just any one wearing them, so perhaps it's in the best interest that they're not too trendy or likable, as snooty as that might sound.

Here are some vintage ones like mine:
il_570xN.56435914.jpg

2e3sqrc.jpg

Credit: both etsy

A stream to show how amazing creepers can be:
103009205__21947_std.jpg

Credit: NastyGal

elle-18-mars-und1def.jpg

elle-18-mars-und4def.jpg

elle-18-mars-und7def.jpg

undergroundcreepers_accessoryofcrime.jpg

credit: underground shoes blog

... if these images don't make you believers in creepers then I don't know what else would :heart:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coutureitgirlxx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->