Demna Gvasalia - Designer, Creative Director of Balenciaga

You are a terrible person.
ebony-jenkins.gif

The fact that 286 of the 503 posts (approximately 56,86%) on this thread is just a prolonged discussion on the "pedo-bear" campaign and it's consequences for Balenciaga is absolutely hilarious. My inner sadist is quivering in excitement at Demna's inevitable departure.

The fact that 286 of the 503 posts (approximately 56,86%) on this thread is just a prolonged discussion on the "pedo-bear" campaign and it's consequences for Balenciaga is absolutely hilarious. My inner sadist is quivering in excitement at Demna's inevitable departure.

I wanted him to go but this is a terrible way to go.

Adidas Is "Re-Evaluating" Its Partnership with Balenciaga.
https___hypebeast.com_image_2022_12_balenciaga-adidas-partnership-releases-paused-2.jpg

Source: Hypebeast

Not related but I love that Nicole Kidman still didn't hide or delete her Campaign photo on her IG during the whole meltdown, and Bella still have her Adidas Collab photos on her IG as well.

So I checked in with a buyer I know at a major American dept store, she said prior to the scandal, the brand had been doing between $400k-$600k a week and is now in the negatives.

This is a complete and total meltdown. The business has evaporated over night.

It think we can go ahead and start speculating who the next designer is going to be.

I really didn't expect that. For this to be happening in North American holiday season a.k.a. shopping bonanza time..... looks like I was wrong about the storm in a teacup assessment of this because usually these cancellations don't actually touch financial bottom lines, but the particular cultural taboo Balenciaga put itself on the wrong side of this time, is far more universal than the usual, and I mean this qanon thing sounds actually insane. I thought the media not posting anything about it for a couple of weeks meant things had cooled down but apparently not?

On one hand I'm thinking this is what happens when your output has become about selling things to the lowest common denominator and then you piss that lowest common denominator off so they no longer buy your hoodies and logo socks/sneakers right when they should be buying more than ever. On the other, this was not the way I expected things to turn out for Demna at the label, and despite his hubris I take no pleasure in the inevitable Kering treatment he'll probably get on his way out.

I read this a couple of weeks ago but if anyone is interested, there's an interview with the photographer, Gabrele Galimberti, about the campaign: Balenciaga Tried to Blame Contractors. It Failed. . I know we keep saying it but Balenciaga really fumbled the handling of this horribly.

So this is the end of Demna's career ? Very sad, his first seasons at Balenciaga were a firework of ideas.
I don't think he will get another gig after this.

So this is the end of Demna's career ? Very sad, his first seasons at Balenciaga were a firework of ideas.
I don't think he will get another gig after this.
He could at a smaller house, but he'll, no doubt, be restricted to clothes only, unlike the full rebranding he was to do with Balenciaga.

I'm not sure on how good the relationship between Demna and Guram is, but he could also possibly go back to Vêtements.

I really didn't expect that. For this to be happening in North American holiday season a.k.a. shopping bonanza time..... looks like I was wrong about the storm in a teacup assessment of this because usually these cancellations don't actually touch financial bottom lines, but the particular cultural taboo Balenciaga put itself on the wrong side of this time, is far more universal than the usual, and I mean this qanon thing sounds actually insane. I thought the media not posting anything about it for a couple of weeks meant things had cooled down but apparently not?

On one hand I'm thinking this is what happens when your output has become about selling things to the lowest common denominator and then you piss that lowest common denominator off so they no longer buy your hoodies and logo socks/sneakers right when they should be buying more than ever. On the other, this was not the way I expected things to turn out for Demna at the label, and despite his hubris I take no pleasure in the inevitable Kering treatment he'll probably get on his way out.

I read this a couple of weeks ago but if anyone is interested, there's an interview with the photographer, Gabrele Galimberti, about the campaign: Balenciaga Tried to Blame Contractors. It Failed. . I know we keep saying it but Balenciaga really fumbled the handling of this horribly.

The backfire is intense. Gucci just did a campaign with Harry Styles and people are posting about how it's connected to Balenciaga's Agenda or whatever

Anyways, I just went to a pretty fancy mall (Tysons Galleria) and Balenciaga was the only empty store. The two dept stores (Neiman Marcus & Saks Fifth) had every single Balenciaga shoe on sale

This is madness. Just wait until social and QAnon find out about babydoll dresses.

So I checked in with a buyer I know at a major American dept store, she said prior to the scandal, the brand had been doing between $400k-$600k a week and is now in the negatives.

This is a complete and total meltdown. The business has evaporated over night.

It think we can go ahead and start speculating who the next designer is going to be.
tumblr_mo8rcyQfE91qd7kfdo1_400.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
novaeworld
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->