Dior : The Madhouse

Originally posted by softgrey@Jun 23rd, 2004 - 5:51 pm
imagine the edges distressed and a bow added here or there..the armhole of the jacket lowered and the waist of the skirt looser...that's an easy way to update it and absolutely make this relevant...i could completely see pradaromance wearing this...and nuiko too!!!...
:shock: i definitely would wear that!

:innocent: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Here's how I'd like to see that jacket for today........

With ripped up jeans
Helmut Lang clutch from f/w 04
YSL wedges from f/w 04
and head Curtesy of Gucci f/w 01

Monsieur Dior's turning in his grave :P

As much as Galliano lapse into trashy designs, you can't ignor the fact that he update the whole house to the daughter of the women who use to wear Dior...

I was kinda shocked to see Dior going into such trashiness since i'm an ardent fan of Dior... Still, i think what Galliano did was important for the business...

Originally posted by Spike413@Jun 24th, 2004 - 10:43 pm

With ripped up jeans
YSL wedges from f/w 04

:shock: I'm hiring Leon on you if Galliano reads this and starts making...Dior jeans :sick: ... :P

Didn't he already make Dior jeans? Remember the pair Alicia Keys wore to the Grammy's a couple years ago?

Originally posted by Foxie-Pooh@Jun 25th, 2004 - 1:34 pm
Didn't he already make Dior jeans? Remember the pair Alicia Keys wore to the Grammy's a couple years ago?
Those weren't just average jeans, they were completely embroidered and embelleshed.....but yeah, he's done jeans.

I would love to see a pair of skinny bootlegged jeans from Dior decorated with bias-cut chiffons, fishnet, tulle flowers, vintage lace trimmed pockets and hem. Oh and with a big silver DIOR logo on the left back pocket and maybe a hanging D on one of the belt loop. Galliano could send the models down the runway in this, the jacket from vintage Dior, and some translucent silicon/latex bra covered in dead reptiles :lol: :innocent:

Originally posted by Spike413@Jun 24th, 2004 - 9:43 pm

With ripped up jeans
YSL wedges from f/w 04

that's wonderful! :woot:

:heart:

I think that Galliano is a talented man, but he isn't using his talent properly for Dior.

Look at these shoes that he sent down the runway for fw0405, I personally think they are disgusting, but more importantly I think they are very vey wrong for Dior. It is fabulous that he is pulling some influence from the street, but he needs to tone it down a bit, turn it into couture, not just throw a name on something that looks like some punk kid customized in his parents garage. It doesn't fit the Dior name for me, it just doesn't work. I think that officials at LVMH need to remind Galliano that he is designing for DIOR and his own label, and that he needs to build a thicker seperation between his own ideals and what is right for the company.

00040f.jpg

But, the runway is for attracting attention to the label, and he certainly does that... and if you go into a department store like saks 5th avenue, the collection for dior there is wearable and is totally toned down so they can make more money.... so he does both perfectly.....

I think, he shouldnt have come to Dior. Now Dior is a shame, not fashion.

:sick: :sick: :sick:
three.dior.ap.jpg

Thats what it was... :woot:
dior-4.gif

Originally posted by Spike413@Jun 25th, 2004 - 4:43 am

With ripped up jeans
YSL wedges from f/w 04

but , YES thats quite a cute, modern non sl*tty... Dior look :flower:

i think the Maitre would adore it :ninja:

if i could design for dior, my vision would be to take the elegance and severity of monsieur dior's original stuff and make it for younger people, because today it's all about them isn't it? hedi slimane has touched on this, with black and white, tailoring, very sharply defined shapes. of course the tiny waisted silhouettes and boning would have to go :D

what do you think?

here is a possible idea for dior today, the dior suit reworked B) B)

do you think i have a chance if they ever need to replace galliano? :innocent:

i would love to see this kind of stuff on the christian dior runway again...

now apply this concept to balenciaga and imagine what could/should be happening over there...
down with ghesquiere... :ninja: ...long live balenciaga.... :heart:

:innocent:

Originally posted by softgrey@Jun 26th, 2004 - 11:34 am
now apply this concept to balenciaga and imagine what could/should be happening over there...

:mohawk: Couldn't agree more!

Originally posted by Asdiklon@Jun 26th, 2004 - 6:57 am

But without Galliano Dior would never be as profitable/reknown as it is now. It'll be some stuffy old brand your grandma used to wear. :yuk:

Originally posted by Foxie-Pooh+Jun 26th, 2004 - 8:47 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Foxie-Pooh @ Jun 26th, 2004 - 8:47 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Asdiklon@Jun 26th, 2004 - 6:57 am

But without Galliano Dior would never be as profitable/reknown as it is now. It'll be some stuffy old brand your grandma used to wear. :yuk: [/b][/quote]
Very true, before Galliano got transfered from Givenchy, Dior didn't really do anything special nor did it get any attention from the world.

Originally posted by MJCouture+Jun 26th, 2004 - 5:45 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MJCouture @ Jun 26th, 2004 - 5:45 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-softgrey@Jun 26th, 2004 - 11:34 am

:mohawk: Couldn't agree more! [/b][/quote]
ditto :P

Originally posted by Foxie-Pooh+Jun 27th, 2004 - 3:47 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Foxie-Pooh @ Jun 27th, 2004 - 3:47 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Asdiklon@Jun 26th, 2004 - 6:57 am

But without Galliano Dior would never be as profitable/reknown as it is now. It'll be some stuffy old brand your grandma used to wear. :yuk: [/b][/quote]
May be you are right, but Id never wear what he makes now... :sick:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drue Price
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"