Discussion: Who Should Be The Creative Director of Chanel?

Pierpaolo at Chanel would be exciting as he would bring a much needed romance and poetry to the brand. Also to see him go head-to-head against Dior and Maria Grazia is a delicious thought! HAHA.

What about Tisci? He’s done beautifully couture, he brought the Givenchy out of the grave… he can do classic and new well.
Hedi’s Chanel - we all know what that would look like - like SaintLaurentCeline with a chanel logo.
🥱 🥱 💤

At least Marc can play with others codes and have fun with them and change himself like chameleon. And Tisci who saw no difference between Givenchy and Burberry :rofl: He could not design proper couture collection for how long? And these 10 or so looks collections he did looked exactly same as work of these embroidery ateliers for other brands

he is basically tfs' first choice
That blows my mind.

Jeremy Scott, Olivier Rousteing, Vauthier, Jacquemus, Virginieh Burton… :hardhead:

Tisci also peaked in 2007/2008. After that he did the beautiful sea inspired collection, but that’s it. His Burberry was next level boring and irrelevant (I don’t blame him that much, though, what a difficult house to design for) and his late Givenchy years were a nightmare.

Chanel's statement: "A new creative organisation will be announced in due course."

Chanel has been a mess for the past few years, starting from the make-up section. When Lucia Pica left Chanel Beauty, Chanel hired Lisa Butler and Tom Pecheux for the shows, but Tom is the Beauty Director for Yves Saint Laurent Beauty. What a mess!

Chanel then picked 3 emerging MUAs Valentina Li, Cécile Paravina, and Ammy Drammeh and gave them contracts... they are doing the beauty ads but still not the show; and from my understanding, they don't have the same creative input as Peter Philips or Lucia Pica in making the product say choosing colours for the season etc

So I guess "organisation" could also mean the same approach as their current make-up department? as in a studio without a leader...?

That’s hard to imagine for a house like Chanel, but something tells me they won’t do something expected.

Indeed, their beauty category was run in the worst possible way. The campaigns for the fashion division were also terrible directed and had zero soul and coherence.

Going to be itchy-bitchy-teeny-sweeny but what about Tom Ford?
Don't like him more than that. Don't like Chanel more than than either.
But if we want some Lagerfeldish persona, with some task from promo and a big ego rather than pure creativity... He would make the cut by miles.

This is just half of a joke. Cheers my peers!

TF isnt a bad choice.

I scrobbled through that ad. Looked incomprehensible. I dont like Bleu but know its a mega hit.

Now that im thinking about it. Tom Ford is perfect.

He embodies the “never copied chanel” ethos. He can do makeup, can launch chanel homme, can do haute couture for sure. Has a good sense of branding and marketing….

I seriously would love to have Ricardo Tisci at Chanel, he has haute couture experience and a vision. I would love to see a Chanel era under him :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->