Discussion: Who Should Be The Creative Director of Chanel?

My boyfriend told me JW Anderson is resigning from Loewe ! I hope this is not to go to CHANEL.
giphy.gif

I think JW could work at Chanel. It would be strange, but maybe needed?
It does feel he did everything he could at Loewe, he needs a bigger pond. But I can’t imagine anyone would want to touch Gucci, it’s a mess there. Lvmh feels waaaay more strict and organized.

I was expecting him to stay at Loewe and replace Nicolas at the helm of Vuitton.
But if Chanel is on the line too, why not.

And for the menswear, I can also see him elevate his own brand as I guess the following he has build at Loewe could shop at his own brand instead.

And to be frank, even if it feels like I throw his name around for anything, Daniel Lee would actually fit perfectly at Loewe post-JWA.

No JW please. He did well at Loewe but I honestly don’t need more of him.

I think he’s a great curator, but to me he doesn’t have real talent as a designer.

All these CDs making these moves, wiping their instagrams, contract renewal negotiations, talks of selling their contemporary brand labels, throwing their hats in the ring. JW has funky artsy designs but not the Chanel customer. Maybe LV when Pharrell or NG leaves.

That sounds... unexpected? Very curious to see more.

Could we not just clone Karl Lagerfeld from his DNA, or Coco herself. I'm sure they'd be psyched to be enslaved to the brand for eternity.

I wonder if Rick Owens could come up with anything at Chanel. It would be a moment, if short-lived most likely.

View attachment 1281091
voguerunway

JW Anderson for Chanel:angel:
He has drastically evolved as a designer since his early days. He understand luxury and has a sense of quality. He is good when he is commercial, annoying when he tries to be Arty but at least, there’s a sense of fun in his work.
And Benjamin Bruno is one stylist I still trust.

I wasn’t a fan of JWA at first but since his SS2016 and more than that, his FW2016 Loewe collection, he has impressed me.

I think he is one designer who can challenge the Atelier too

If he hands in his resignation at Loewe he could also force LVMH's hand give him Dior...Then Maria Grazia can move over to Fendi and Kim Jones can move to a brand no one cares about...
Delphine chose him for Loewe so she might want to have him over at Dior..It’s a possibility. I don’t see the Arnault letting him go like that.

MGC at Fendi? With Silvia? They seems so different!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katiepeaches
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->