Discussion: Who Should Be The Creative Director of Chanel?

It's becoming difficult to think of names we haven't thrown out there yet... uh... what's Betsey Johnson up to? Isaac Mizrahi? Per Spook? Rifat Ozbek? The Proenza Schouler boys? The RODARTE sisters???? Iris van Herpen (Chanel + 3d printers??)?
LdSS !!!! i can see the vision: tweed jockstraps, a new bag called rentboy with dainty pockets for popper bottles and ket*mine pouches, CC emblazoned shower towels and a new fragrance called "Eau de Twink" with an ad campaign shot by wolfgang tillmans and starred by ldss himself sitting naked on the stairs at rue cambon staring pensively at the camera with a few hair strands covering his nipples and a single camelia on his groin ! it will be a hit !

He closed his own label in 2022, so really all he has to balance is his Prada co-design stint. I don't think he's the best choice though. Raf is a little too emotional of a person in the worst possible way and that already burnt bridges with the Dior and CK team (plus destroying CK Collections division...).

At this point, Chanel needs to review everything besides the Creative Director to improve all their channels. Of course Virginie's design capacity wasn't exciting, but it really wasn't helped by the constant price hikes on top of the decreasing quality. When you aren't the most compelling creative person, it is hard to make those factors worth it, right? I'm also sure she was a much more passive person compared to Karl, who seemingly demanded a level of quality from the atelier and manufacturers whereas she seemed rather complicit to it all.

I think thanks the Virginie though, it is kind of hard to care about who's potentially next at Chanel... We get better Chanel from so many other brands now at a better price point, what is the point? If I were to say another name, maybe Jun Takahashi or Christophe Lemaire. I did propose Natacha Ramsay-Levi, purely for the previous Karl/Chloe tie in. Karl's use of lightness there really informed a lighter touch at Chanel for sure though.
Very interesting, I don't follow Raf at all but its surprising he closed down his own label. Especially since now seems to be a good time for the whole archive/t-shirt&hoodie fashionistas.

Jun Takahashi I can't quite see, especially since he's killing it with his own label and CDG collaborations. It is interesting that (to my knowledge) no mainstream Japanese designer has taken over a large house yet. Might be the next move LVMH tries.

IMG_3325.jpeg
Source: best10

@tourbillions well in that case….

How has no one mentioned azealia banks?

More difficult to work with than Hedi. She would burn bridges like no other which would give Chanel that edge that Virginie lacked.

Maybe even give her control of beauty as she already has her own line of bussy soaps and merch.

M
Apparently, today’s main task chez TFS is throwing random names that could never be an option and that would never work, so here I am:

- Joseph Altuzarra (a talent like no one)
- Alexander Want (his brand turning 20 years old might be interesting for the Wertheirmers)
- Marine Serré (she’s French and a kind of GenZ Coco mademoiselle 2.0)
- Raf Simons
- Donatella Versace
Madame Menkes is reading us.

i stopped watching the moment he tried to defend virginies work and saying shes a rebel/punk and she did well. please.. if i saw any punk/rebel at all in her work i probably would have liked it more. and a 60+ year old paid millions in one of the biggest fashion house, impulsively quitting her job sounds like she was over it way before that "alleged" day. we should stop treating cd's like they are underpaid and overworked teens. they are on top of the luxury market, most jobs in the world are way more uncomfortable. if they are feeling things they can easily afford theraphy without feeling financial stress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->