Discussion: Who Should Be The Creative Director of Chanel?

Personally, I'd like JWA to stay at Loewe, but if I had to move him anywhere, it would be Louis Vuitton (regardless if he replaces Ghesquiere or Pharrell). Maybe Daniel Lee could replace him.

For Fendi, I'd rather see someone like Maximilian Davis. Sensual, glamourous clothes to complement Silvia's bags and shoes.

I really want Ghesquiere at a Couture house again, maybe Dior or Givenchy.

MGC can go to Celine.

Kim Jones can retire.

MGC is from Rome and knows how to make a lot of money, taking a company from billions to many more billions.. That might interest Silvias pockets and anything is better than what she's got now ....

He has a good eye for proportions. I could see him coming up with some interesting shapes how Karl used to do. The accessories are severely lacking so I think he could inject some life into that category. Overall the brand needs a shot of adrenaline to wake it up again.

I know my judgment is biased, but I'm 100% aware LOL, even only just by looking at these few looks and details, also his textile design are impeccable.
I can see him taking the helm for Chanel. (Although as Lola said, he won't be let go by LVMH that easily)
JWA_1.jpg
voguerunway

I know my judgment is biased, but I'm 100% aware LOL, even only just by looking at these few looks and details, also his textile design are impeccable.
I can see him taking the helm for Chanel. (Although as Lola said, he won't be let go by LVMH that easily)
View attachment 1281128
voguerunway
It looks totally like two different designers! What happened to him to become a fashion troll like Demna??

Could we not just clone Karl Lagerfeld from his DNA, or Coco herself. I'm sure they'd be psyched to be enslaved to the brand for eternity.
Pretty sure I’m stealing this from a twitter post I read ages ago, but you KNOW Karl is now busy designing 6+ collections/year for hell, purgatory, heaven, and every spiritual afterlife in between.

Pretty sure I’m stealing this from a twitter post I read ages ago, but you KNOW Karl is now busy designing 6+ collections/year for hell, purgatory, heaven, and every spiritual afterlife in between.
Compared to how he lived (at one point he was designing collections for 4 brands), it must be euphoria for him.

I never really thought about Jonathan until this rumor came up on this thread. Coming from someone who's only been a casual admirer of Jonathan Anderson, I think he'd be a great fit for Chanel. The fact that he oversees 3 brands (Loewe, his own namesake label, his Uniqlo collection, previously Converse), on top of other ventures including film costume design, all the while still producing a) exciting fashion propositions, b) clothes that people actually want to wear, c) hype, d) textile experimentation as the post above mentioned, and e) desirable accessories across Loewe, his namesake brand, and even Uniqlo.

He's only about to become 40 and designers from his studios are already becoming CD of other brands. He is one the only designers, among his peers I mean, that has close to the stamina and creative vigor of Karl. And then Fabio Zambernardi can take the reign of Loewe hehehe.

I want Nicolas at CHANEL.
I think we need to be honest, that we continue to romanticize Ghesquière for his Balenciaga era. He hasn't done anything at Vuitton but confuse the hell out of me for the last decade. To see how cerebral he's been about collections when it's really very simple to utilize house code at Vuitton, I hate to think what 'experimentation' he would bring to Chanel.

Like @Creative said, "Chanel is sacred" -- Honestly, so scary to think that work that Karl did for several decades could be risked to ruin by the wrong person being appointed. I would really love to see Jacquemus take it. He understands marketing at a grand scale like Karl, and him being french will lend more respect to the legacy of Chanel, Coco and Karl. That's really important for the future of the label. I don't want too much rotation at Chanel, we need commitment to excellence.

Like @Creative I would really love to see Jacquemus take it. He understands marketing at a grand scale like Karl, and him being french will lend more respect to the legacy of Chanel, Coco and Karl. That's really important for the future of the label. I don't want too much rotation at Chanel, we need commitment to excellence.

5jaqqYYCFJsBO.webp

giphy

I think we need to be honest, that we continue to romanticize Ghesquière for his Balenciaga era. He hasn't done anything at Vuitton but confuse the hell out of me for the last decade. To see how cerebral he's been about collections when it's really very simple to utilize house code at Vuitton, I hate to think what 'experimentation' he would bring to Chanel.

Like @Creative said, "Chanel is sacred" -- Honestly, so scary to think that work that Karl did for several decades could be risked to ruin by the wrong person being appointed. I would really love to see Jacquemus take it. He understands marketing at a grand scale like Karl, and him being french will lend more respect to the legacy of Chanel, Coco and Karl. That's really important for the future of the label. I don't want too much rotation at Chanel, we need commitment to excellence.
But LV don't have fashion codes. It's a leather luggage company. And he simplified a lot. I remember him talking about the spirit of travel, etc.
Travel concepts for the luggage brand, that's big brainy esoteric? Please.

And I have zero nostalgia for his Balenciaga. He is right for Chanel by the work he's doing now.

And them you said Jacquemus...dude, Jacquemus can barely do pret a porter, for god's sake.

But LV don't have fashion codes. It's a leather luggage company. And he simplified a lot. I remember him talking about the spirit of travel, etc.
Travel concepts for the luggage brand, that's big brainy esoteric? Please.

And I have zero nostalgia for his Balenciaga. He is right for Chanel by the work he's doing now.

And them you said Jacquemus...dude, Jacquemus can barely do pret a porter, for god's sake.
The simple fact that his Vuitton is different from his Balenciaga while keeping the essence of his style is enough for me to still believe in him.
I’m tired of designers taking houses as just names on the doors and doing copy paste of their work everywhere.

I think Chanel would be a place where he would experiment more in flou actually. There are always moments of flou in his collections. They are always interesting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katiepeaches
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->