Discussion: Who Should Be The Creative Director of Chanel?

his haters or maybe hedi stans will just turn anything he says as "desperation". if he ever says chanel at all at any context his haters will cry "desperation". Honestly i dont see a desperate guy, i see someone who is very excited to celebrate a big milestone for something he worked hard for and is very proud of it.

Why not the idea of a surprise designer? The collection is presented at the Grand Palais, the lights go down, a deathly silence falls over the crowd, and then BAM! Ralph Rucci comes out on a mechanical steed while Barbara Palvi's 'Voilá' plays in the background.

his haters or maybe hedi stans will just turn anything he says as "desperation". if he ever says chanel at all at any context his haters will cry "desperation". Honestly i dont see a desperate guy, i see someone who is very excited to celebrate a big milestone for something he worked hard for and is very proud of it.
I’m not his hater nor a Hedi Stan. He was SO PROUD to say he will never work for somebody else… then when they ask him about Chanel he can’t even answer straight away! Come on. Ridiculous.

It's not that serious.
Of course not, it’s fashion. But it’s funny how he was saying all the time that he wouldn’t work for any other brand and then hires (alledgelly) EIGHT people to create a portfolio for Chanel :lol:

In those cases you better be silent or swallow your pride saying that you could be open to the right offer, cause otherwise you just come across as ridiculous.

Why not the idea of a surprise designer? The collection is presented at the Grand Palais, the lights go down, a deathly silence falls over the crowd, and then BAM! Ralph Rucci comes out on a mechanical steed while Barbara Palvi's 'Voilá' plays in the background.

Stop trying to make Ralph Rucci at Chanel happen! It's not going to happen!

fetch-regina-george.gif

Of course not, it’s fashion. But it’s funny how he was saying all the time that he wouldn’t work for any other brand and then hires (alledgelly) EIGHT people to create a portfolio for Chanel :lol:

In those cases you better be silent or swallow your pride saying that you could be open to the right offer, cause otherwise you just come across as ridiculous.
Chanel is always the exception for everybody..
He has said that Karl was his favorite designer so it wouldn’t surprise me to learn that he is not opposed to the idea.

In the same spirit, everybody knows about Hedi’s control. Maybe he would be willing to compromise the fact that he won’t have any imput in the beauty, haute joaillerie, stores design side of Chanel just to be the CD…

Lamo and you're Simone's biggest stan to promote him at Chanel every day here :rolleyes:

Last edited:
In the same spirit, everybody knows about Hedi’s control. Maybe he would be willing to compromise the fact that he won’t have any imput in the beauty, haute joaillerie, stores design side of Chanel just to be the CD…

This is why I wouldn’t discount Hedi that much. His career felt like a slow, glacial pace to Chanel directorship. He might be able to compromise, more if he knows later on that he could build control. At Dior, he was eventually allowed to do fragrance and skincare.

Look at how his Celine tenure ended eventually. There were compromises, like that TikTok period. He did JNCO pants for chrissake.

This is why I wouldn’t discount Hedi that much. His career felt like a slow, glacial pace to Chanel directorship. He might be able to compromise, more if he knows later on that he could build control. At Dior, he was eventually allowed to do fragrance and skincare.

Look at how his Celine tenure ended eventually. There were compromises, like that TikTok period. He did JNCO pants for chrissake.
Dior is different. He was doing Dior Homme only as Galliano had an imput on every womenswear category.

When he took over Christian Dior Monsieur, the creative project was to create a kind of 360 brand. But then there were limits because he couldn’t do womenswear. At Saint Laurent the limits were beauty. At Celine he had everything but Couture wasn’t on a main stage.

Chanel is much more organized. I mean we see it, they are signing Fashion ambassadors without a CD, the beauty department is still working. Thomas du Pre de Saint Maur is doing his thing.

Karl played the game and worked in relative collaboration with those departments. He designed the looks, willingly worked with the spokeswomen. But tbh, the most imput he got was choosing Ines de La Fressange, Anna Mouglalis, Margot Robbie and hiring back Vanessa Paradis. They are really the only ones that have managed to be the faces of fashion and beauty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kate2024
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->