Discussion: Who Should Be The Creative Director of Chanel?

or it will be a total success and he will be the 2nd coming of kl.
Except that Karl was proven to be a skilled designer prior to his appointment at Chanel... Jacquemus is... well... not a young Karl.

Bruno already said they will announce the new creative director before the Holidays.
He didn't say which holidays, however. At this rate it could be Easter.

As Ancora is clearly illustrating it…
You just KNOW he's repeated this monologue to himself at some point:

1729395835029.png
redbubble

Last edited:
Agreed, if they are clever enough will stay with the design team for a while. The mood is changing. Star designers are a thing of the past.
How can you say this when most fashion houses exist because of star designers? They are mostly named after and was established by a "star designer"?

Are you saying that the current mood of luxury is the same as those generic temu clothes?

Except that Karl was proven to be a skilled designer prior to his appointment at Chanel... Jacquemus is... well... not a young Karl.

How on Earth can someone think SPJ can be the new Karl? :lol:

Karl is just a once in a sincetheouniversewascreatedtime kind of person. SJP is simply a great marketer, which Karl always despised. Karl was a chameleon, Sarah is just a one trick pony. Karl had the most amazing couture skills learned in the golden age of HC, and Monsieur Simon can’t even cut a T-shirt right. Karl was one of the smartest, most cultivated people in the world. Jacquemus just likes to hangout with the “elite”, and don’t get me wrong, I meant with the Elite actors (Manu Rios, who has at most two brain cells in his whole body).

I wish I’d be this level delusional.

My travels brought me to a luxury mall in the Toronto area this weekend. The Chanel store is closed for renovations... Possibly installing marble walls to match two other stores in the same wing?
(jk... unless?)
In a shouting match between Peter Marino and Hedi Slimane, my betting money is on Marino.
Can you imagine the tantrums on both sides?

I have seen SPJ on my Instagram feed, opening his SOHO NY Store....

He looks exhausted....tired, empty eyes.....

I cannot imagine him doing chanel.....

Pre burnout syndrome
The man travelled from France to the USA, attending events and opening a boutique. He was probably up very early or didn’t sleep for long…

That’s expected.
He can be on a burnout but that would be very surprising because he precisely switched his entire operation to have more life/work balance. That’s why he started to show his collections during Resort/Prefall seasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nomnes
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->