Dita, getting a good view of both Dior and YSL, fall 2005:

Attachments

• ditadior.jpg
    ditadior.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 92
  • ditaysl.jpg
    ditaysl.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 649
Wasn't she named second best-dressed woman in the world after Gwen Stefani by Harpers & Bazaar? Finally, someone other than Kate Moss takes top spot!

Thanks to all who posted the various pics. She is very pretty & has a great sense of style. :flower:

SuGaR_rUsH said:
Wasn't she named second best-dressed woman in the world after Gwen Stefani by Harpers & Bazaar?

Yes. She was named the 2nd Best Dressed by Harper's & Queen. :flower:

Gwen Stefani is Best Dressed

Singer and actress Gwen Stefani has overtaken fashion icon Kate Moss, and topped the list of best dressed woman, in style bible Harper's and Queen.
The American star took the lead above dancer Dita Von Teese and actress Sienna Miller in the magazine's annual list, to be published in the May edition of the magazine.

The 35 year-old made her mark in the style stakes last year with her trademark platinum blonde hair and ruby red lipstick, and is reportedly a huge fan of John Galliano or Vivienne Westwood.

The complete list of the top 100 best dressed women will be made public on April 11th, but for now, here are the top ten:

1 Gwen Stefani
2 Dita Von Teese
3 Kate Moss
4 Sienna Miller
5 Natalia Vodianova
6 Cate Blanchett
7 Jacquetta Wheeler
8 Jasmine Guinness
9 Daphne Guinness
10 Zadie Smith

http://www.sofeminine.co.uk/w/star/n33842/news/Gwen-Stefani-is-Best-Dressed.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Some new pictures, all from Getty Images and taken during Paris fashionweek.

Dita at the Christian lacroix show (with little white hat, love the shoes!)
Dita with Erin O'Conner (so beautiful ) at the Chanel show
Dita next to John Galliano, that dress is wonderfull
Dita at the Jean Paul Gaultier show, I like her hairdo there

Attachments

• Dita JPG.jpg
    Dita JPG.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 44
  • Dita John Galliano.jpg
    Dita John Galliano.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 38
  • Dita Erin O'connor Chanel.jpg
    Dita Erin O'connor Chanel.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 72
  • Dita Christian LaCroix.jpg
    Dita Christian LaCroix.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 65
Dita in Vanity Fair, september 2005
(scanned it myself)

I think she looks stunning w/ black hair & that ruby-red lipstick...Does anybody have that Vogue shot she did modelling a Mr. Pearl corset????????

She does look off at times, and I can't totally agree with her style but no doubt she's a nice looking woman and also she and Marilyn make a perfect couple! Can't wait to see that wedding dress!

TrophyBrown said:
I think she looks stunning w/ black hair & that ruby-red lipstick...Does anybody have that Vogue shot she did modelling a Mr. Pearl corset????????

I did a quick search and only found these small scans, I'm not sure if this is what you ment. The picture with the black outfit is from Vogue US, the onther one from Vogue Italy.

(I found the pictures on www.dita.net)

Attachments

• 200503-vogueit.jpg
    200503-vogueit.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 127
  • 200403-vogueus.jpg
    200403-vogueus.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 149
Dita Von Teese looks a lot like Norma Shearer (30's actress) in some pics.

Norma Shearer

Attachments

• norma shearer_250_frompostcard_02 dita von teese-lookalike.jpg
    norma shearer_250_frompostcard_02 dita von teese-lookalike.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 1,086
  • normashearer004.jpg
    normashearer004.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 18
source: guardian.co.uk

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Risqué business[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]From a young age, burlesque star Dita von Teese wanted to be noticed. And now her ultra-feminine style has caught the eye of designers ... and Marilyn Manson[/font]

[font=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif] Hadley Freeman
Saturday September 17, 2005
The Guardian

[/font] [font=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]This is the story of a little girl called Heather Sweet who was born and raised in a happy and wholesome family in good ol' Middle America - Michigan, to be precise, "which is really, really Middle America, you know". But Sweet was never all that happy. Part of the problem was that she had two sisters, whom she adored but thought a million times more dazzling than her. "I always thought I was the girl no one notices in a room," she remembers 20 years on, while, seemingly unthinkingly, lifting her pencil skirt to thigh level to adjust her stocking - a gesture that would certainly garner her attention in any room now.[/font][font=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]But Sweet found her fairy godmother in the form of her Aunt Opal who, with her penchant for costume jewellery, thick green eye shadow, flaming red hair and cigarette holders, looked like a glorious firecracker lighting up the monochromatic suburbs in which Sweet lived. "Everyone else thought she was so extreme, but I was like, Oh, Aunt Opal!" says her niece, in her strange mix of affected, anachronistic speech patterns and an American teenager's lilt. So Sweet started to save up her pocket money for improbably high shoes, vintage lingerie, gloves and an occasional hat, got her mum to whip up clothes for her that she saw in magazines and started practising with make-up. "Unfortunately, my mom didn't totally approve. Well, I guess it is a little odd to see a 10-year-old at school in red lipstick."[/font]

[font=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]But Sweet, or Dita von Teese, as she was soon to rename herself, persevered. Image and name change complete, she felt "a heck of a lot happier in myself". Now, the gloriously retro, almost cartoonishly feminine style of the woman who is the world's most famous burlesque star is the inspiration for many of this season's collections, from Christian Dior to Vivienne Westwood, to the point that she took a bow with the designers at the shows. Body-fitted pencil skirts matched with bustier-style tops; sharp cocktail jackets; teetering heels; opera gloves - these are Von Teese's basics. ("I can't imagine getting excited about a pair of jeans - I'll always get distracted by something sparkly in the corner.") They appeared in many of the collections for the season, prompting much excited whispering in the fashion press about the return of femininity and elegance. Von Teese is unsurprised, however, about the resurgence of her look: "It's sexy without showing too much - I never have my boobs hiked up to here, or any of that. So much of modern fashion is boring. Just look at the red carpet these days: everyone wearing the same beige strapless dress. And look at all the teenage girls dressing alike in Ugg boots and miniskirts. I think people want to have more fun with fashion again."[/font]

[font=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]Although Von Teese made her name through her burlesque acts, she is probably better known as girlfriend of the infamous rock star Marilyn Manson. The two have been together for four years after (appropriately enough, for two stars of such unique style) bumping into one another at a vintage fashion fair; they are to marry later this year. Manson is still best known for his fearsome looks and hardcore music, but his surprisingly eloquent appearance in Michael Moore's Bowling For Columbine suggested there might be more to him than shouting and eyeliner.[/font]

[font=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]"People hear all these ridiculous rumours about him but I see the other side," Von Teese says. As for how she copes with being a consort to a rock star, she says she trusts him utterly: "I know he appreciates the things that are unique about me, like my feminine style and personal look - things you don't find hanging out backstage." The legends that circulate around them are, of course, mainly nonsense ("We don't sacrifice small animals, but we do own a couple"), but they're not exactly Mr and Mrs Brady: "We don't sit around in sweatpants. I'll always put on red lipstick because I know he likes it and he'll always put on eyeliner because he knows I like it."[/font]

[font=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]The thing about her style, says Von Teese, is that it makes her feel good. "It also makes me more accepting of my body. These clothes put an emphasis on the hips and bust, whereas so much of fashion today makes women feel bad about even having hips. I always wanted to look like Liz Taylor in the 50s, not Twiggy in the 60s." These days, her favoured designers are Gaultier, Westwood, Roland Mouret, Marc Jacobs "and, obviously, vintage". Clothes that hark back to a more glamorous, more modest age, in other words. Von Teese has something of the ladylike past about her, such as the way she decorously sips her bottled water with a straw like a 1950s pin-up. "It's about feeling confident, having fun and living my dream of being a Ziegfeld girl. I guess I just wanted to create my own little world."[/font]

I'd been looking forward to seeing (or rather, expecting to see) some new, front-row pictures... seems she's been absent from the shows this season - pity... :unsure:

She has a very unique beauty which recalls those of actresses of Hollywood past, like in the 30's or 40's.

I have always loved her... if she had green eyes, she would have my ideal colouring. I wonder though if she is actually pretty under all that style and make-up. She seems so... but you never know. Does anyone have early photos?

saw her today on avenue montaigne! she looked exquisite... i wanted to steal her entire outfit!

I'd love to see her perform. is she in any of the marilyn manson videos?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericsalodesign
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->