Dolce & Gabbana Mens S/S 2012 Milan

Suits ????? shorts ??? WHAT THE HELL ???? If this is fashion, then fashion became more than cheap and borring. there is NOTHING there, nothing that refers to any fashion identity that makes a brand's reputation. this is uninspired, and that is since 2 years now. sad

It isn't too bad, but then it isn't too good either.
The netted tops are a poor touch IMO and the white boilersuit/jumpsuit is dreadful. As always lovely crisp white shirts and beautifully tailored black and charcoal suits.......but they surely can do these in their sleep by now.
All in all a bit hit and miss, which has been the case with their last few collections.

not as good as this season but I adore the sunnies and bags! those items are to die for from this collections

Is there anything tackier than netted clothing? Besides python/snake skin prints of course. The glasses are good I suppose but that's saying something when eyewear is the highlight of a collection.

I like the general idea but something is off.... I like the fishnet overlays on some pieces (like the trunks), on some like the hoodies/sweaters it's ok, the checks could be a bit smaller, the bigger the square the tackier it looks, the smaller the better IMO. They shouldn't even try it on pants.

For some strange reason that leather jacket works...

I wish they would change the set like the used to back then with the center elevated and a good background.

it's alright but i agree with pen6693 they should change the set! i'm not a fan.

Thank you christian you arte the best!
I like even more this collectioin, Dolce is my fav.

I like some of the smaller netting pieces, but the bigger they get the tackier it looks. Insanely boring show, however...we've seen all of this before and better.

while i like the really sharp cut of their blazers (even those some looked a bit long in the sleeve...), the pants with their pleats are DESPICABLE! the net shirts will cost too much for the sheer lack of fabric (pun intended) and are not THAT interesting.

what happened to the Dolce & Gabbana that produced freaking SILVER and GOLD moon suits? those were at least ridiculously exciting!

this is run-of-the-mill dolce and gabbana however all of those jumpsuits recalled the fall/winter jumpsuits at chanel in a strange way.

The nets seem to be the only highlight in this collection and even they don't save it from looking dull and forgettable. They've been having this problem for a while now. Nothing here generates excitement or prompts me to actually buy anything. Most of this stuff can be found elsewhere.

I think if Dolce & Gabbana would have chosen a different song, I would have liked the collection a lot more. The song also contributes to the attitude of the show, and in this collection it lacked that, Dolce & Gabbana was known to have that high energy music. Now it's all eh. I hope they change that with womenswear.

What was the actual theme of this collection?
It feels all over and place and copied from the previous...4 collections or so? :ninja:

Get ready for another "sicialinità,sartorialità...blah blah" womenswear collection

I loved a lot of the leather laser cut jacket, pants and jumpers. There were also some nice sweater but always classic suits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hellbendcat69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->