00150h.jpg
00160h.jpg

00170h.jpg
00180h.jpg

00190h.jpg
00200h.jpg

-vogue.it

I seriously want/need the 1st and 3rd white shirts

I will say that the flowered pieces are stunning.....as well as the embroidered pieces with the religious motif's show a lot of workmanship.

The slightly cropped waistcoat/jackets are great.....nice to see something once old from the 80's, being brought back.

And the flowered shoes are definitely fun. If you've seen one pair of black shoes, you've seen them all. They truly make a (brave) statement.

It's a good collection, the classic suits and coats are extremely wearable. The flowery pieces are beautiful but can be really tricky (for your typical hetero male). Also, who cares if they use ordinary people? Quite a few designers have in the past and with great success.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I still remember Galliano's S/S 2006 show. It was such a beautiful show.

But D&G used to book the hottest models and now...I just can't handle this.

I want to see the sales report on how much Dolce is selling this crap. How many seasons of the same Sicilian collection? Every season I hope that Dolce cuts it out with this, but they don't. I still think they should bring back D&G, the whole point of cutting them out was to "focus and work on Dolce," but apparently having the same inspiration for numerous seasons isn't doing sh*t.

I'm probably a bit older than most of the ppl on this thread....I'm 45 years old.....but I do remember Dolce & Gabanna from the late 80's.

There was always a recurring theme with Dolce & Gabanna.....they were known for mixing masculinity with femininity...but back then, it was definitely more subtle.

I have a few classic sport-coats from Dolce....such as a gray wool pinstripe suit (the epitome of masculinity)....but the lining on the inside is made of lace (feminine).....I also have a classic navy blue suit....but the lining inside is bright pink.

As I stated prior....mixing masculine with feminine has always been a Dolce mantra...but in this instance....they're pumping up the volume and becomming less subtle with their approach.

If I want to look like a "common" male citizen...I'll wear something entirely black and boring....but if I want to make other men uncomfortable with themselves and their own sexuality...I'd wear the flowered sport-coats in a heartbeat.

Bravery=masculinity......if a heterosexual male isn't COURAGEOUS enough to wear a flowered jacket...I suppose his "masculinity" is actually up for debate.

i didn't mind this collection at all, although it seemed very feminine and maybe that's because a lot of the looks were on boys

I'm so done with Dolce. I always have high hopes every season thinking they'll stop with the whole sicilian inspiration, but they never do. I give up at this point. Also, were 89 looks totally necessary? It was the same repetitive crap over and over again.
The only thing that I did somehow like were those bright colored, embellished tops. They were actually quite cool and youthful.
Instead of Stefano gabbana constantly clogging instagram with his party pictures, he should invest his time in actually designing and putting effort in it.

Precisely, Trevo...and that is one of the questions this collection, asks.

The entire Dolce and Gabbana esthetic has always been about the question of masculinity and femininity.

If the flowered jackets were being shown on women....we wouldn't question it...or find them odd or strange.

But on a man, it's quite the contrary.

The purpose of fashion is to challenge ideals and the perceptions about how we see ourselves, and society.

Flowered jackets for women are okay and perfectly looked up as socially acceptable...but not on a man??

Says who??

Who makes the rules....who sets the standards for what is appropriate for a man and a woman.

Where do these rules come from...and why are we as a society, so easily persuaded to aggree??

There once was a time where women were not aloud to wear trousers....but seeing pants on a woman today, has become commonplace.

It question the double standards we live with, in society.

If a girl has a flair for being a tomboy....wearing baseball hats, sweatshirts, even a mens 3 piece suit with a necktie.....society is less likely to question her sexuality...but if a man wears a long skirt (or a flowered jacket like the ones seen here)...his sexuality is more likely to be brought into consideration.

Fashion for men hardly ever changes...jacket, pants, shirt, tie..etc etc. Fashion for men really hasn't changed much since the 1930's. Proportions and volume (such as a baggy suit or a fitted suit) are explored with menswear...but a suit, regardless of proportion..is still just a suit.

Designers are at a stand-still. As far as ideas..or trying to introduce something innovative and new for men to wear...too many men are in fear of embracing it. Which is one reason why you might be seeing designers such as Givenchy or Comme Des Garcons Homme Plus introducing skirts for "men".

Women's fashion always changes....and what they're allowed to wear in society is obviously more experimental and care-free. :smile:

It's not very often that I EVER defend Dolce and Gabanna....or any Italian fashion designer for that matter....but

I agree that Dolce & Gabanna can be quite repetitive and redundant.

But also.....they're collections are saturared at a Sicilian ifluuence is merely b/c it's who they are....and where they are from. It's what they understand and what they're comfortable with.

Very few designers are able to capture or represent other cultures in their own individualistic point of view.

One of the very few designers who is actually cable of exploring different cultures from the world and representing it in his own point of view.....brings Jean Paul Gaultier to my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rachelmartini
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->