Dolce & Gabbana Mens F/W 13.14 Milan

If I want to see hot guys...I'll watch on-line p*rn.

When I'm looking at a fashion collection...I want to see beautiful clothes.

Do all of us a favor, JuiceMajor...and grow up, please.

The suits and coats are very Prada-Esque and those religious t-shirts look like a grotesque Givenchy knockoff. The signature Dolce Blazers are the only highlight here.

I'm probably a bit older than most of the ppl on this thread....I'm 45 years old.....but I do remember Dolce & Gabanna from the late 80's.

There was always a recurring theme with Dolce & Gabanna.....they were known for mixing masculinity with femininity...but back then, it was definitely more subtle.

I have a few classic sport-coats from Dolce....such as a gray wool pinstripe suit (the epitome of masculinity)....but the lining on the inside is made of lace (feminine).....I also have a classic navy blue suit....but the lining inside is bright pink.

As I stated prior....mixing masculine with feminine has always been a Dolce mantra...but in this instance....they're pumping up the volume and becomming less subtle with their approach.

If I want to look like a "common" male citizen...I'll wear something entirely black and boring....but if I want to make other men uncomfortable with themselves and their own sexuality...I'd wear the flowered sport-coats in a heartbeat.

Bravery=masculinity......if a heterosexual male isn't COURAGEOUS enough to wear a flowered jacket...I suppose his "masculinity" is actually up for debate.

Could you elaborate on that a bit? and how do you define femininity?

I don't really get the hate about using real people, I actually thought it gives you a real perspective of how good it might look on you, vs what a model wearing it, unless of course if you think you look like a model, which I am sure most here don't, girl or boy.
And true enough, some of the elongated sleeves t shirts doesn't look good on the model, but might look good if you were to live in that part of the world with that kind of environment.

And fact that they are using Sicilian or Italian look men adds to the charm of the show, the clothes etc. it completes the concept to me.

The flower prints are good, and in fact remind me of givenchy, with the symmetrical prints...and givenchy also did Madonna and the religious prints before, albeit in a 'cooler' black/white tone, but no one complained, so what's the hate about this collection?

I don't understand this, have they not learned yet? D&G is shut down and they still continue with the Sicilian cr!p. How stubborn can one get?

I think it's their purpose, doing a retro branding instead of being edgy and fun. also shot down D&G is one for the lack of fonds, and two to focus on the new branding.
it looks like they are going from global to local again.and about the collection, even it's another proud to be Sicilian thing, there are still things to love about.
the wild sleeved tee, and cropped fit jackets with knit sleeves, these are interesting. those brocades are amazing too.

What a mess. It feels like such a sloppy and lazy collection, not ONE new idea applied to it. The religious prints are are so cheap and poorly executed, especially if you compare it to what Givenchy made last season. The only decent bits are the white shirts, high waisted trousers and the overall tailoring, but even that isn't something to brag about. I can't even remember the last time I got excited with a D&G collection.

Haha! The models looked like dwarfs! Maybe they cut the money in that section.
Overall it was repetitive, but there were some nice pieces. There is just toooo much, they have to cut it down and be more surprising. I most liked the simple pieces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rachelmartini
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->