Dressing to Beat the Heat

I love the spring, because it lets me layer light jackets over things (I'm obsessed with jackets). But then summer comes along, and I'm always overheated and everything seems uncomfortable. I think my summer style is much more minimal. Just light dresses, shirts and skirts with sandals.

I'm so not inspired for summer!
i think i'll just burn my skinny pants :lol: , wear wide and comfortable pants made of really "light" materials, maybe bermudas with simple Ralph Lauren polos, flip flops, gladiator shoes/ethnic-ish shoes, thin scarves at night if it's cold, light colors nothing too bright + light grey, white, shirts, +MY HAWKINGS and hopefully i'll get some new persols...

i'm really not excited :(

^ how can you not be excited for summer?! :o :o
i just get so happy when i think of green grass and a blue sky.
just lying there in the grass in the sun.. ahh!!

and ofcourse not to be wearing jeans everyday and sweaters..

well i'm excited for the season not for my SS08 style :lol:^

yeah i get you :P
you seem to have great summer style though so i don't see the problem :wink:

Large floral dresses, sandals (no flip-flops), oversized neutral-colored t-shirts as dresses or tunics, and pinky peach lips & cheeks.

During summer I usually live in dresses or shorts. Flip flops to the beach, sandals and ballets everywhere else. I don't bother with makeup half the time because it's far too hot, but I'll usually wear lipgloss or lipstick and some mascara. And always, always sunscreen. :smile:

^ And if you need motivation, stop by the Elizabeth Arden counter & check out your sun damage under ultraviolet light :shock: (Basically you can see all your freckles, including the ones under the surface of your skin. You can also see where your skin is dehydrated.)

i would like to skip this summer and go straight to fall please...:P...

^ Im feeling this summer. I dont know why. I even love the humidity.

Beat The Heat = Wear pretty much dental floss and some chiffon.

yeah- well it sounds like you have some cute little outfits planned...so that could be why...

:P...

i, on the other hand...am in the mood for loads of layers...
PILES of them...
:P
which do not mix well with hot weather...:doh:

:(

The summers where I live are so hot that all I can wear are the most lightweight clothes and shoes I can find. And I try to get away with showing as much skin as possible, even though it makes me very self-conscious, because even the flimsiest cotton ends up feeling like wool. Hair pulled up. Forget about accessorizing, even jewellery feels too hot against the skin.

I always get jealous of all the streetstyle pictures in northern regions (especially Scandinavia) in the summer. People there get to have so much fun with accessories and layering when they dress for warm weather. They even wear boots in the summer! It's mind-boggling.

yeah- well it sounds like you have some cute little outfits planned...so that could be why...

:P...

i, on the other hand...am in the mood for loads of layers...
PILES of them...
:P
which do not mix well with hot weather...:doh:

:(
You could layer up for summer beduin-style, it seems to work for them :D

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm...i'd rather not smell like a camel, thank you~!...:P

i think that the first layer i am going to go for is a nice golden tan!
:glare:...

i love having really tan feet, nicely manicured red toes and very very bare leather sandals...

:innocent:

^ I hope that's going to be a lovely Clarins tan ...

Me, I embrace the whiteness :D

i fake-tan, i shave beforehand (early spring so there's shortish hair later on. the hair on my legs is so long, its just gross IMO), i exfoliate, i tan, i get short as possible hair (i used to have shoulder long hair), wear only flip flops, drivers and slip ons (w/o socks. with socks the whole air of non-chalance), light linen & cotton.

i love summer. although i miss some pieces, but it feels so much better not having to wear so many layers and pounds and pounds of clothes.

There's only been a handful of warm-enough-to-not-wear-a-sweater days where I live -- even right now, almost a week into June, I'm wearing two shirts, a thick sweater and tights under my skirt. Ahh.

Apparently a week from now the weather will get better, and I hope it stays warm throughout the summer! I can't wait to ditch the winter clothes.

Me too. I don't bother with fake tan b/c I am a redhead and so naturally white and fake tan just looks odd.

I've never tried it, but I suspect it would look odd on me too ... my hair is in the red family & skin decidedly pink ...

I've always loved my freckles, but less so as I get older ...

PS If you want to see all your freckles, check yourself out in ultraviolet light (I think that's what it is) at the Elizabeth Arden counter. You can see the freckles underneath your skin. My mother said her face was absolutely solid freckles ... she used to bake back in the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cg1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->