Dressing to Beat the Heat

levi's vintage cut offs (501s), indian belt, tank, sunglasses, sometimes a cardigan/hoodie and a nice pair of flats (or flip-flops)..

I find it very hard to look truly like 'me' in the summer months. It is hard to truly look chic when it's hot.

Therefore I decided to start this thread as a summer dressing inspiration/discussion.

What fabrics are best for summer?
How do you make your look personal?
Do you spend months before summer getting ready, scrubs, tanning, going to the gym, shopping for it? :ninja:

I feel your pain...I always feel like there's a "Winter Me" and a "Summer Me". WM has a level of comfort and self-awareness that SM never seems to emulate. Having said that, I feel like I've got marginally better with summer clothing in the last few years...but it always seems like so much more of an effort...ironic considering summer is supposed to be 'carefree'.

^I agree with both of you. For me it comes from the lack of layers. I feel like my style is dependent on layers and that isn't as possible in the summer.

my summer look is workout sl*t chic...haha...

I have a few key looks that I finally put together w/ the purchase of the key pieces to create said looks. I got some rick owens shorts (look like boxers) and some Bastian shorts (look like running shorts) that Im gonna wear to death this sunmer. Each short takes the short in two completely different non-prep directions. Oh I also have some unworn SS07 Dolce football shorts, the pair Chad White wore on the runway. Couple ideas as follows;

- Blk Bastian shorts w/ white grosgrain trim w/ a white semi sheer lindeberg buttondown tucked in w/ a bordeaux YSL slipon. Probably my go-to blk gucci aviators and no bag.

- Blk Rick Owens shorts w/ just a cheap ribbed tank, Id wear it w/ my Westwood sueded jersey hoodie w/ a huge hood, margeila incognitos and my new cop-gloves (theyre literally police issue gloves, so sexy) I havent decided what on the bottom, maybe a laceup or slipon, or maybe a boxing boot.

- White Dolce shorts w/ just a stringy white tanktop, and some sort of hightop, havent decided what exactly. Either my nude diors or satin YSLs. I might buy new hightops tho.

my summer look is workout sl*t chic...haha...

I have a few key looks that I finally put together w/ the purchase of the key pieces to create said looks. I got some rick owens shorts (look like boxers) and some Bastian shorts (look like running shorts) that Im gonna wear to death this sunmer. Each short takes the short in two completely different non-prep directions. Oh I also have some unworn SS07 Dolce football shorts, the pair Chad White wore on the runway. Couple ideas as follows;

- Blk Bastian shorts w/ white grosgrain trim w/ a white semi sheer lindeberg buttondown tucked in w/ a bordeaux YSL slipon. Probably my go-to blk gucci aviators and no bag.

- Blk Rick Owens shorts w/ just a cheap ribbed tank, Id wear it w/ my Westwood sueded jersey hoodie w/ a huge hood, margeila incognitos and my new cop-gloves (theyre literally police issue gloves, so sexy) I havent decided what on the bottom, maybe a laceup or slipon, or maybe a boxing boot.

- White Dolce shorts w/ just a stringy white tanktop, and some sort of hightop, havent decided what exactly. Either my nude diors or satin YSLs. I might buy new hightops tho.
I was posin in the miroir last nite. I bot this amazing Ralph Lauren Blk Label linen blazer for this look. Its black w/ beige dotted checks, hard to explain, I love it. Anyway. Rick Owens boxer shorts with a tank, RL blazer and bordeaux YSL slipons. Blk Gucci aviators and maybe a cluche.

Also Im loving the Dolce shorts w/ my Westwood hoodie, it really works. I dont think I need to get more shoes this summer, well, there really isnt anything out there tha tis speaking to me right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel your pain...I always feel like there's a "Winter Me" and a "Summer Me". WM has a level of comfort and self-awareness that SM never seems to emulate. Having said that, I feel like I've got marginally better with summer clothing in the last few years...but it always seems like so much more of an effort...ironic considering summer is supposed to be 'carefree'.

Indeed... summer only seems to cater for one type of dressing.. there are so much boho/preppy/naive floral it's making me dizzy.

I really need a great navy summer dress.. and maybe a black one..I have winter black dresses but not really summer. does that make sense? I bet it don't.:ninja:

I also don't feel that it's worth splurging on summer dresses as they never really seem to last long, I have a vintage dress (only one in my closet) that really is the perfect shape for me, which I am thinking of dying black, although that might ruin it.. it has floral print on it.. I'm really not sure how I feel about it.:unsure: I guess I'm scared of prints and colours I already look like a child so..

i never ever show my legs in winter i live in jeans,pants, tights and leggings were as in the summer i oviously cant wear these.. i sitll wear cotton leggings alot under longer dresses or baggy trousers etc. summer me doesnt have to be that differnt as uk is never really hot tbh.. i add some white and more patterns in the summer.. i go kinda more hippy chic more dresses etc. but always long ones

Shorts, havainas, raybans, colorful tanks:flower:

For me in the summer it doesn't really matter what i wear, but skin is very important, smooth, silky easily tanned skin, i put some nice bracelet and red or hot pink nail polish, and it's good!

Oh, and i love polos, colorful Lacoste, Fred Perry, Ralph...goes great with dark denim Evisu hot pants:wink:

DRESSES!!!
i think during summer my closet only consits of dresses, so that's what i'm wearing B) looking forward to it ...

Yes, dresses are THE summer staple for me..
I wear them on hot days but also when it's raining (as it often does) or chilly - but then combined with a nice blazer.

I wear ballet flats or sandals, mostly, and small accessories are even more important to me during summer than they are in winter.. little things like bracelets and small purses.

Dresses are a staple for me aswell, because the uk is always so cold I look forward to the summer to wear them!

for shoes it's sandals or occasionaly havianas.

A pedicure is helpful for summer style :wink:
My toes look so mutated that there is no hope :ninja: Honestly, I have the strangest toes, it's so bad that I have to keep my pinky toes covered because they look so freaky. I blame it on the fact that my mom was preggers with me during the Chernobyl disaster :rofl: It makes me very happy that the straps on my gladiator sandals cover my pinky toes, otherwise I'd have to wear ballet flats for the 3rd year in a row.

What is up with your pinky toes Ida?
I ask b/c my pinky toe nail is more on the side of my toe than on top.:blush:
My dad's is the same so I blame him.:lol:
I have just learned to live with it.
Even the prettiest feet aren't pretty anyway, IMO.

I am really upset b/c I have a small patch on ezecma on my shin and it's taking forever to go away.
I just hope it goes away soon so I can wear summer clothes with no worry.
My mum just gave me a lovely summer dress.

^I don't have nails on my pinky toe and the toe next to it... :ninja: It looks so freaky. My mum's toes are normal, it must be Chernobyl :lol:

Edit: I also get small patches of dry red skin on my arms in the winter, but they usually go away during spring. Not always, though.

My sis in law doesn't have a pinky toenail either....
so she paints one on with nail polish.:P

^ That's hilarious about making one with nail polish :lol:

On my pinky toes, I have a nail, but it grows straight up. When I got my spring pedicure, the girl says, Do your pinky toes show in the shoes you brought? I thought she might be wondering what she was supposed to do with them, so I told her I don't paint them :wink:

^I don't have nails on my pinky toe and the toe next to it... :ninja: It looks so freaky. My mum's toes are normal, it must be Chernobyl :lol:

Edit: I also get small patches of dry red skin on my arms in the winter, but they usually go away during spring. Not always, though.

D@#$ Chernobyl!!!

Is it psoriasis, maybe? It is triggered by cold weather. I get a little bit on my torso during the winter, treat it with prescription cream & it's fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hosewearer
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->