Edward Enninful Departing British Vogue as EIC, Promoted to New Global Role within Condé Nast

I like the hashtags....nothing subtle haha

Has anyone read the article “Inside Vogue’s glossy game of thrones” by The times? well, need to pay for it, but seems has lots dirt about inside CN's power game, EE was obviously overrated himself and underrate Anna

No....any kind enought to share it here?...thanks

I'm shocked this news made it into the covers of some English newspapers. They really care about fashion! I agree with Alex saying that Edward labeled her as the "racist b***h editor" any time he was explaining his different pont of view in media. She should had say something at the time, but she didn't help herself either.

She and Alt should have been more diverse at their time, they got their moment to open the standards, but they keep playing safe with Kate or Rianne. I don't think they are racist, those were (sadly) the times when only the fashion industry was behind the blue eyed blonde type non-stop, it was the context. That's why I love more and more Franca Sozzani, which at the same time when this was happening she was shaking the industry's rules from her chair, but always was outshined by Anna, because she was the Vogue leader of the franchise from the perspective of media and people outside fashion. Edward and Anna are the opposite from Alt and Alex, and are too obvious that the intention of being more diverse can saturate their publications. Edward's Vogue doesn't reflect that much the British cultural identity and people, it's very Hollywood sometimes and he wants to include all in the market, but the May issue was too much for me and took that as a tasteless joke from his side. Anna is diverse, but she only features rich and famous people with huge popularity. I don't know if you are diverse if you only include rich people that are part of the Club. I always bring the example of Vogue Mexico and Latin America as a diverse publication well done. Even if their covers can have its faults, there's a respect for the several identities from this part of the world, and is very effortless. Karla is one of the best editors on board now. She in the middle between the Alexes and Edwards.

Edward's Vogue wasn't any more diverse than Shulman's. He just switched white models to black.
It's an interesting point, and I don't mean to cause an outrage with this statement, but: The population of the UK is 80% white. At what point does having a majority of cover models as BIPOC people seem more like tokenism than an effort to show true diversity?

**Please note, I am not making a judgment call, just that it's a fair question to ask in the context of Vogue reflecting the population of its particular country.

It's an interesting point, and I don't mean to cause an outrage with this statement, but: The population of the UK is 80% white. At what point does having a majority of cover models as BIPOC people seem more like tokenism than an effort to show true diversity?

**Please note, I am not making a judgment call, just that it's a fair question to ask in the context of Vogue reflecting the population of its particular country.
I think people who are so vocal about diversity in fashion magazines don't know exactly what they want. It's very easy to throw the word diversity around, but when someone is actually trying to meet the demand, it's always perceived as performative (unless it's all black models, then SM crowd is happy). White people make the majority of Europe's population so I don't find it strange that white models dominate.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinatzv
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->