Elliptical Trainer

SarahJayne87 said:
would this make a difference to my stomach
Cardio in general should help you lose fat around your stomach (in fact it's really the only way other than diet to lose fat around your stomach). However, if you're looking to tone the muscles in your stomach, I wouldn't really recommend it.

How much time would you recommend using the elliptical trainer for? (per session)

the elliptical machine is great in many ways, not only is it a much better workout compared to running when it comes to your joints...Resent studies of the effect running has on your face shows that the constant impact of your feet on the ground makes the fatpads on your cheek sag :P

^ Wow, really? Interesting. Does this count for jogging (not necessarily RUNNING) or brisk-walking per se? I very rarely RUN when on the treadmill, it's more of brisk-walking.

Brisk walking is great, the only thing you have to stay away from is exerzise that involves hard impact of your feet on the ground..

I LOVE the elliptical, and can work out for as long as 2 hours on it. It burns far more calories than the treadmill or the cycle if one ratchets up the level to, say, 20 over a period of time. I just can't run on the treadmill, and when I'm on the treadmill, I usually power walk at about 7.5 km/hr. Running tires me out in a matter of minutes, and I end up taking a longer break than the time I ran, so it's completely counterproductive. The elliptical isn't quite as tiring, and I get better results.

Brisk walking is great, the only thing you have to stay away from is exerzise that involves hard impact of your feet on the ground..

No this actually isn't true. There's a whole movement of people who are running barefoot. There may even be a movie in the works based on the book about it, Born To Run. Jake Gyllenhaal is supposed to be in it.

But anyway no the hard impact theory is on its way out. Running is not hard on the body but in fact is good for it.

No this actually isn't true. There's a whole movement of people who are running barefoot. There may even be a movie in the works based on the book about it, Born To Run. Jake Gyllenhaal is supposed to be in it.

But anyway no the hard impact theory is on its way out. Running is not hard on the body but in fact is good for it.

i think ELLE was referring just to the whole 'facial sag' theory, not that running is not good for your body overall or bad for your feet.

I use the elliptical 5 times a week for 30 minutes each time.

What could I do in those 30 minutes to improve my performance? Sprints? Interval training? any ideas?

My elliptical is good, quite sturdy, but it doesn´t have fancy computer "modes"...

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->