Final

01. United Kingdom
09. France
10. Italy
13. Azerbaijan
19. Spain
20. Germany

any predictions?

I love Eurovision (lol). I maintain that Russia is going to win it all this year. Those Babushkas are just too precious. I suspect they're going to dominate the televotes, but perhaps the jury (who are less predictable and usually clueless) could intervene.

My personal top ten this year.
1. Russia
2. Cyprus
3. Azerbaijan
4. Ukraine
5. Serbia
6. Sweden
7. Iceland
8. Estonia
9. Germany
10. Israel

jmrmartinho (or anyone else) are you following the rehearsals that are going on right now?

I don't think Russia should win. I know ESC is something that's not very serious, but those ladies are too much. Makes the parody out of the whole thing, IMO. It's getting worse and worse every year.

oh i can't wait for Eurovision. it's next weekend, isn't it?

^Yes, next week. Semi 1 is on Tuesday. Semi 2 is on Thursday. Final is on Saturday.

I don't think Russia should win. I know ESC is something that's not very serious, but those ladies are too much. Makes the parody out of the whole thing, IMO. It's getting worse and worse every year.

But they're sweet and they mean well. I think Babushkis' winning would be great for ESC because it would be all over the news.

Last edited by a moderator:
My prediction for Semi 1 tomorrow (or today, depending on where you are). In the order of likelihood of qualifying.

1. Russia
2. Iceland
3. Moldova
4. Greece
5. Cyprus
6. Romania
7. Albania
8. Denmark
9. Ireland
10. Israel
(alt: Switzerland, Belgium, Hungary)

I would not be surprised if one or more of the dance trio (Greece/Cyprus/Romania) gets left behind. Especially given that last year Poland/Armenia/Norway all failed to qualify from the same semi (though I can't imagine all three missing out). I am also feeling very skeptical about both Ireland and Denmark qualifying, but we'll see.

Not a fan of Romania but Cyprus and Greece, especially the last one were amazing!! Iceland was nice too, but russian ladies have my heart! Moldovans look weird as well as those guys from Israel.

The only song I liked tonight is Latvia.
Besides Latvia's song, Russia's performance is cute, but the song is awful. All the other songs are nothing special.

Eurovision is such a joke, it's worth watching every year just to laugh at everyone! I'm so glad the music we have here is nothing like Eurovision stuff! God knows why we keep going every year...I hate to think how much we must contribute to get us into the big 5 or whatever they call it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eurovision is such a joke, it's worth watching every year just to laugh at everyone! I'm so glad the music we have here is nothing like Eurovision stuff! God knows why we keep going every year...I hate to think how much we must contribute to get us into the big 5 or whatever they call it.

:rolleyes:

Here is the order that today's finalists will perform in on Saturday.

2 Hungary
3 Albania
6 Russia
7 Iceland
8 Cyprus
14 Romania
15 Denmark
16 Greece
23 Ireland
26 Moldova

I got 9/10 right btw. :innocent::lol:

Well it's true! I reckon if they did a poll in the UK asking if people would rather us go to Eurovision and spend a ton of money on it, or not go and spend the money on other things (e.g. Charity or something useful) then 95% of people who vote for us to stay out of it.

We're never going to win with the way the voting is and we dont have the same taste in music as most of the rest of Europe it seems. Then we could just watch it for the hilarity (the first performance last night was my favorite, wth was that?! And Jedward obvs) and for the sarcastic VoiceOver they add onto it here.

For Semi 2, I'm predicting

1. Serbia
2. Sweden
3. Ukraine
4. Turkey
5. Norway
6. Estonia
7. Bosnia & Herzegovina
8. Macedonia
9. Belarus
10. Croatia
(alt: Lithuania, Portugal, Slovakia)

The last spot is really wide open.

^^i only watch it because it's so trashy and hilarious, i don't think anybody really takes it seriously anymore, most of the music is utter crap.

I LOVED the swedish girl, she's my favo now, fingers crossed for her and babushkas!

I loved Ukraine. It was tacky but very catchy. Also I like Macedonia, Sweden was nice as well.

I LOVED the swedish girl, she's my favo now, fingers crossed for her and babushkas!

I like how Sweden's song sounds like an actual song. :lol:

I feel bad for saying this, but I feel like lots of the acts who sing in English (where it's not a common language at all) should be taught intensive English diction and phrasing for a month or two before Eurovision. The lyrics to some of these English songs sound so weird to me. :lol:

Eurovision is supremely entertaining to me because there's nothing close here. I love how weirdly political it gets. Although, I guess I can see how some people from the UK and other places might think it's embarrassing, but I don't know. It's nice to have silly lighthearted things.

^ Why would it be embarrassing? It is something one doesn't take for seriously and that's it. Plus you get to watch it once a year, so it's sort of interesting to watch all those silly people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->