Eurovision 2010

Georgia & Ukraine had nice outfits :smile:

and the norwegian guy was beautiiiiful

I can't even look at the winner. If THIS is claimed to be the best music... Shame on Europe.

which song did you think should have won? :flower:

I'm pretty happy Lena won, I hope it sets a new standards to this contest, that it's not necessary to dress up in glittery sexy dresses and sing the same style songs over and over, to win. It was something different and imo the best song that night.

Alexander is hot :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't even look at the winner. If THIS is claimed to be the best music... Shame on Europe.

I know, she didn't even sing. It was like half talking, half whatever it was. And the song itself is pretty crappy, no real melody and those lyrics? The more I think about it the more disappointed I am with the win. Turkey should've won. Or Romania.

Edita I agree with you. Georgia and Ukraine had the best dresses.

which song did you think should have won? :flower:

I'm pretty happy Lena won, I hope it sets a new standards to this contest, that it's not necessary to dress up in glittery sexy dresses and sing the same style songs over and over, to win. It was something different and imo the best song that night.

Alexander is hot :heart:

Totally, i'm not a fan of Lena and this song, but she provided something different at least and seems to have convienced Europe without tacky make up, embarrassing dance interludes, narcissistic folks ballades and colorful prom dresses. We're not 1980 anymore. Tastes evolve but some participants or and their management does simply not understand.

To me all this "glitter-overdone-boring performance-thing" is annoying, so I´m happy that Lena has won :blush: she deserved it.

I don't know if any can relate to me...but I think the whole Lena thing is so cliché - in a different way. Yes she is not the glitter-sexbomb. But she's trying so hard to tell everyone how she does not care about being famous and successful. I listened to a 1 h interview with her the other day...and every 2nd question she was like "I'm not gonna answer that". The questions weren't sexual or anything like that... They asked her "Do you believe in god"... I'm like "you are not Kurt Cobain". You are successful because you won at a casting show... so don't act like you hate the media and all the attention...because without that you'd be nothing!

Can someone explain what is up with Lena's accent? :shock:

I liked France and Ukraine best.

Her english teacher has an english accent and she said she learnt/took it from him.

^I wonder..how does her accent sound to british people? I mean it's somehow british but then again it doesn't seem "right".

I don't think it sounds british AT ALL.. it just sounds, idk, odd.

Watched it all ugh, lol.

Glad Lena won, does it mean it will be in Berlin next year or it doesnt have to be the capital city ? :unsure:

Anyways,

I dont like Lena or her style. But the song was very catchy, very generic, simple, good to dance to and sing along to, nothing too serious a la 'sweet people from Ukraine', and exactly that is what obviously people liked. You gotta be close to people. Yeah she dont have the strongest voice, but hey thats what helped too as weird as it sounds lol. Anyone can imagine him/herself singing a la Lena some karaoke song. Its real and she is also kinda clumsy and touching in a way. Thats a plus for her actually. Germans got it right why Rybak won - people want a fairy tale, smth simple, 'love oh love' and thats it. :flower:

I liked Turkey and Romania, nice songs.

I loved Russian song and singer, they were awesome, but not in Eurovision way.

Ukraine girl altho seems to have a good voice she was so loud and aggressive.... I didnt like that. Plus, a bit depressive and too serious for Eurovision.

Georgia was lovely, liked it.

Denmark is such a copycat :lol: I totally heard 'ill be missing you' :innocent: Didnt deserve a high position they got.

France was aweful, some kind of a Brazil soccer song or smth , olla ole ole ole. No words, just ole. Annoying.

And whats up with a ton of 'sweet handsome baby boys' with guitars and what not lol :lol::rolleyes:

Oh Iceland had a niiiice voice too. :heart:
Yeah thats basically who I remember. The rest was blah......

Hmm.. i thought it HAS to be the capital city. But i discussion already started if it should be Berlin, Cologne or Hannover.

But Hannover seems like a joke. It's just so small. Berlin would be perfect :heart:

Her accent is charming, unique and "wrong" - just like Lena is.

28bdtnq.jpg

boerse.bz

Everything about her just bugs me now. lol I don't even know why I care. I haven't liked the winner since Serbia in 2007 and even then, Verka should've won.

MyNameIs, why don't you just stop then? We know you don't like her so u don't have to repeat it several times :rolleyes:

^I wonder..how does her accent sound to british people? I mean it's somehow british but then again it doesn't seem "right".

Her accent is not a standard accent. It's like she's trying to imitate a specific accent as if she's grown up in England, but she goes way over the top and it's not consistent so she sounds crazy :lol: - in a bad way. I could never enjoy her singing because of the way she pronounces words.

There's something odd and sinister about her generally. She's like the child from The Omen. :ninja:

I'm always surprised why UK has low points.

The Uk, and Ireland, generally do not take Eurovision seriously. I know the "general population" don't :rofl:
It is quite expensive to host Eurovision, as apposed to entering a song. As Eurovision makes very cheap TV, UK and Ire. send an act regardless, even if they are not taking it seriously. They dont see wining as being prestegious, as (Im presuming) Eastern countries do.

Does anybody else think that Lena looks a bit like Kat von D? Without the tattoos of course :smile:

Loooved the flashmob! Truly a European party get-together!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->