Eurovision Song Contest 2011

If Lena's (Germany) entry had some faster/uptempo parts it would be the best song.

Yeah, there's something missing in this song. It needs a highlight, a part with a bit more beat.
Anyway, I kind of feel ... not embarrased, but imo it was a worse decision to send Lena again.

I think I'm more into it this time because it's the first time since I was born that the show is held in Germany :lol:

nah, it's held in Düsseldorf...can't support that! (i'm from Cologne:lol:)

i didn't like Lena last year, don't like her this year, the last German entries i liked were Max Mutzke and Guildo Horn:rofl:

I haven't heard any other songs but our country's. I really hope we'll made it to the final - the song is quite catchy plus our singer is such a sweet and cute girl. ^_^

I'm not a fan of the second semi-final. I just liked that boy from Sweden and these nice guys from Danemark. My country(Moldova)-a disaster as always!!
P.S. I'm so sorry for Turkey, they were my favourites from the first evenenig.
P.P.S Sorry if this hosts are popular and known in Germany. I just don't like them.

Last edited by a moderator:
i actually think this semifinal was better than the first
i hated Sweden at first but it's such a catchy song
the girl from Austria had a fantastic voice, song was nice too
i liked Belgium's idea but the song was crap
Ukraine, nice song but that sand painting! holy sh*t that was amazing, couldn't concentrate on the girl singing :lol:
i liked Bulgaria, great voice
Slovenia's girl also had an amazing voice but the song was weak
Latvia was also pretty catchy

didn't like the others too much

1. Bosnia & Herzogovina
2. Austria
3. The Netherlands
4. Belgium
5. Slovakia

6. Ukraine
7. Moldova
8. Sweden
9. Cyprus
10. Bulgaria
11. F.Y.R. Macedonia
12. Israel

13. Slovenia
14. Romania
15. Estonia
16. Belarus
17. Latvia

18. Denmark
19. Ireland

We finally made it! I'm so happy.:cry::woot:
I also liked Estonia's and Denmark's song. Hated Ireland's !:o

Yeah, Estonias was kinda cute, I liked it.
And a luck for Sweden :D Irelands is okay, very catchy song.
I actually liked Belgium, it was a nice idea to sing a capella and it really ddid sound great. But I guess it was not Eurovision enough.
Nadine Beiler from Austria had the best voice this evening if not the best of all contestants, she was amazing

^Not saying this because I'm from Slovenia, but I think our Maja has a better voice and I'm totally being objective here because I actually don't like her. Nadine has amazing voice also but the song was so boring for me.:o

^yep, I didn't watch much, but Estonia was one of my favorites....its singer is kind of Katty Perry...nice:D

I'm scared with my country-song....seriously, I'm very embarrased:ninja:

I saw a small preview of your song, Rockangel...:unsure::ninja: But don't worry, I know how you feel, last year our song was even worse!

^lol@ last year's song:rofl:....fortunately, good for all you! this years your song is nice and this Maja girl has something captivating and amazing voice:D good luck:lucky:

I think every country ever had bad contestant.
You don't want to know Germany's entrys before 2010 , they were all horrible :lol:

that's so sweet you liked Estonia's song^_^
in my opinion the 2nd semi-final was so much better (at least I didn't fall asleep like I did during the 1st one). And now waiting for the big final.:smile:

I'm glad Romania qualified, the song is starting to grow on me, the lead singer is cute and has a good voice. I also want Moldova to do well in the final! Romania 1st place, Moldova 2nd.^_^

Well semi-final 1 only just aired here. Had quite a few laughs, helped having little kids around who'd give an act one look and scream 'yuk':lol:

Thought that people that got through were the more deserving ones, well minus Lithuania thought that song belonged on a disney soundtrack:ninja: I also thought that the singer in the Georgian group was a brunette version of Lady Gaga.

Also SBS the channel that does the broadcasting here does this online vote where Aussies can vote for their winner. Not surprisingly Greece, Serbia and Croatia are in the top ten (ethnic voting I tell you). For interest sake as of now heres the ranking.
Rank country no. of votes
1. Greece 10331
2. Serbia 7494
3. Iceland 6126
4. Turkey 6057
5. Portugal:huh: 5516
6. Finland 4867
7. Croatia 4611
8. San Marino 4194
9. Hungary 3929
10. Poland 2736
11. Russia 2496
12. Switzerland 2443
13. Malta 2174
14. Norway 2040
15. Armenia 1497
16. Georgia 1467
17. Albania 1178
18. Lithuania 955

Aww, I started a thread for ESC 2011 a couple weeks ago. That's ok though, if mod could maybe merge it with this one?

I'm so disappointed that Poland didn't qualify. The only song from the ones I liked that didn't qualify. But her performance was pretty poor. Still, I find it very odd that first five in Semi 1 didn't qualify, amid all the reports of poor connection and sound. I think there's something fishy there. Especially when the likes of Armenia, Turkey and Norway didn't qualify while Iceland, Lithuania and Hungary went through.

I hope either Sweden or Azerbaijan wins the whole thing. I would also love to see Bosnia, Slovenia and Ukraine in the Top Ten.

If I am right,, this is the first year that Italy shows up in the contest (at least in a long time:(unsure: ... I always have the feeling that was missing:huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->