Everything Facial Moisturizers

It seems that all the moisturizers I try leave this film on my skin, and even if I touch my skin it comes off in little clumps. Also when I try putting concealer on after moisturizing it ALL comes off in that area..with little clumps EVERYWHERE. If I try to brush them off it creates more..:(

So basically, I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for fast absorbing moisturizers? I have fairly dry skin, and would like a moisturizer with a pearly or thick texture.

Thank you in advance! And I'm truly sorry if there's already a topic on this!

OMG the flaking thing happens to me too with some moisturisers! How weird is it! I have to wear a different one if I know I'm going to be putting makeup on over the top! Neutrogena's moisturiser with SPF 15+ in the pump bottle goes on great undermakeup! - It doesn't make it flake off! :smile: It absorbrs really quickly and is non-greasy! I have dry skin too and I find it really great! Hope that helps!

^ Wow what a coincidence i use that moisturized too and its AMAZING. it makes the skin really soft, and is perfect underneath make up

Can someone recommend to me a thick moisturizing creme that doens't have any mineral oil, patrolatum, patroleum in it? I realized that they reason why my skin breaks out is because of all of these ingredients. Thanks a lot!

dlg

I think this is really an excellent cream and one that I do not think many people know about. I recommend Skincando's Miracle Cream. It is really unique and one of my favorite discoveries. :flower: I initially thought it was too rich for me--but that is not so. Your skin just drinks it up and when you use it at night, you wake up with beautiful skin. Check out their website.

http://www.skincando.com/

Their Combat Ready Balm is amazing. If you have a red spot, it fixes it.

L'Occitane's Immortelle Precious Cream is nice too although I am not sure about all of the ingredients. They do list them online.

LeonieAlexandria said:
^ Wow what a coincidence i use that moisturized too and its AMAZING. it makes the skin really soft, and is perfect underneath make up

Yeah it's amazing hey! :smile: I really love the oil-free one for combination skin as well! It has to be my absolute favourite, it just makes my skin look amazing and feel so soft!:flower:

I use Extra Virgin Olive Oil as a moisturizer and it works for my combo skin when I mix some Tea Tree Oil with it to put on to the the zits and so on.

It's so good and so cheap!

at the moment im using Dr Hauschkas philosophy of not wearing moisturiser to bed and i was surprised that my skin didnt dry out completely. i guess the skin does need to detox at night. does anyone else follow this? im not sure how its going to work in winter, though, when i usually wear a thick moisturiser.

daddyslittlegrl8 said:
Can someone recommend to me a thick moisturizing creme that doens't have any mineral oil, patrolatum, patroleum in it? I realized that they reason why my skin breaks out is because of all of these ingredients. Thanks a lot!

dlg

Try Dr Hauschka Rose cream, I find it amazing. all natural, no mineral oils etc. and quite rich. I've been using it for about a year now and I'm really happy with the results.

^ Lara L: I follow this and I think it works fine during winter too. Your face gets quite accustomed to it.
Although very occasionally I have felt the need to moisturize a little before going to bed.. Then instead of applying a rich moisturizing cream, I have taken a tiny tiny bit of sweet almond oil, rubbed it in my hands, and patted it on my face.
(at least that's cheaper than using the Hauschka ampules kit, although that is what they recommend if your skin needs extra moisture during the night - you know which one I mean?)

Last edited by a moderator:
looking for a new moisturizer and frag.

i'm looking for a new moisturizer for the summer but im not really sure what to get. right now i'm using proactiv's moist. and i've been thinking of switching to a new brand.
anyway...any suggestions please?:D

Last edited by a moderator:
I changed my moisturizers now and then. I have dry and moderately sensitive ( my skin peels and feel very taut if i use unsuitable products )
Say for the first week of the month in late spring to early fall I use Clarins moisturizers. I'm in my early twenties and still unable to find the right eye cream that doesn't make my eyes puffy and making its pores break out and have the most hideous "lizard-skin" effect due to dead skin forming on my eye areas - which could not be scrubbed off - cuz I'm not planning to go blind if scrub beads/enzyme peels got into my eyes.

Ok here goes,

Day Facial Cream: Clarins moisture quenching hydra care cream + Clarins UV plus day screen

Night Facial Cream: Clarins skin beauty repair concentrate + Clarins gentle night cream/moisture quenching hydra care cream

Night Body Cream: Body Shop Shea/Cocoa Butter

At second week,

Day Facial Cream: Avene thermal spray water + Avene SPF 15 Riche

Night Facial Cream: Avene thermal spray water + Avene creme nutritive compensateur/ Avene hydrating masque

Body cream: L'Occitane body cream

Week 3:

Day Facial Cream: Neutrogena lotions with SPF 15 / Neutrogena hydrating mask ( weekend )

Night Facial Cream: Dermalogica super rich repair

Body Cream: Back to body shop shea/cocoa butter

Week 4:

Day facial cream: Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream with SPF

Night facial cream: Elizabeth Arden 24-hour cream

Body cream: L'Occitane

I'm such a chemistry in a jar/bottle/tube junkie~
I wont spend on La Mer now, but when I'm older, maybe...

In winter I'd usually skip the neutrogena and avene and use mostly dermalogica or clarins and ate loads of fruits, vegies and chicken soup - not forgetting to drink plenty of water...

Favorite facial moisterizer?

I want to know if theres any good facial moisterizers that will help even out your skin tone and also keep your face moisterized and not so oily? I have combination skin and have been trying to find that one moisterizer that I can stick to for a very long time! I've tried Ponds which made me break out and really oily, Neutrogena doesnt do anything for me :(, and aveeno has a weird smell once it is applied to my face :shock: any recs on any moisterizers out there?

Creme de la mer but the lotion that you pump out. It has a matt finish so is great for summer.

ANything by neutrogena normally works well for me if im short of $$.

I don't use any, but Clinique Superdefense for normal and oily skin is amazing, lots of antioxidants and high SPF protection!

Enzymion by Lush is the moisturiser I swear by. I have the same type of skin and it gets rid of the oil/shine leaving you with a perfect smooth, matte base to apply makeup. It smells yummy too.

I can't find my favoruite moisturiser... I have no idea what to look for! I wanted to try Loreal Happyderm but its MUA reviews are bad so now I don't know. I want something that works and is also cost effective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zendayacomz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->